Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

a walk about town

I took a walk alone today for a change. Me, and a camera. I need that time to myself often and seem to appreciate it more and more as I get older. 
I passed this little guy and he had the right idea to stay in the shade.
It was so hot today that I almost turned around but then I headed for the river and found shade there. I saw ducks, geese
& a beautiful heron. Isn't he fabulous. I sat and watched him awhile.
I'm  not familiar with birds too much so what kind he was is a mystery to me.
Carleton Place is a beautiful town.

We have many bridges throughout.


My home is just behind that church steeple.





Sadly, the old rail line is presently being ripped out as the trains that passed through CP for over 100 years have come to an end. It was nice while it lasted. 


This is a birthday weekend coming up. My oldest daughter, Jess will celebrate her 29th. We are all meeting for breakfast on her birthday and then home for cake and gifts. Looking forward to that although if she's turning 29 that makes me.....................oh gawd!
"Happy Birthday to you, Jess. See you Sunday."


My girls, Allie & Jess
hugs, Deb


13 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,

    The bird is a great blue heron. It's so hot here in Toronto, I wish I were standing in some cool water too. What a lovely town you're in. I will stop there next time I'm driving through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,

    What a lovely post. Julie says..it's so nice to capture the spirit of a place with a camera. Very nice photos. Have a great weekend celebrating!

    Tom & Julie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Jess. What a beautiful young lady! Great pictures mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in such a lovely town, Deb! The river is just beautiful. As a fellow animal lover, I totally understand your love for cats (and your dog.)

    Fellow china lover,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your daughter..... two beautiful young women!!!

    Your area is so beautiful .... and it's green. Our drought here, and everything is turning brown.... so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post was just gorgeous!

    Happy birthday Jess!! both of your daughters are just beautiful!!

    I am working on posting something on my blog that i think you will enjoy! (wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We came over from Cat Chat's blog. We love your photos of the place where you live. It's beautiful, you've captured it well. We enjoy seeing the pictures of the cats too, yours and the others you take care of.

    There are five of us kitties here, all rescues and all seniors. We live in Nova Scotia which is a long way from you our mombean says.

    Happy Birthday to Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Jess! Many happy returns of the day!

    Your town is so lovely! Really quite picture book! I know it's very hot there now but, in my minds eye, I see a perfect day with a soft summer breeze and the scent of summer flowers in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Cat Chat With Caren And Cody advised me ...and I follow ...Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you through Cat Chat too! Love your blog and the love you have for your pets. Enjoyed seeing the pictures from your walk. My cats like it hot and would probably lie in the sun.

    I am following you now and adding you to my blog roll. Really glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's just something about a lovely walk that puts everything into perspective and uplifts the soul isn't there? Looks like you have a lovely town Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great walk you had! And beautiful photo of the heron.

    ReplyDelete