Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Well said, Bill. Candy anyone?


My children have all grown up and left the home but when I read this I thought about how every parent faces these issues with their teens.
To all teenagers -

 Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring 
as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills,
 
cleaning your clothes and listening to you
 
talk about how cool you thought you were:
 
So before you save the rain forest
 
from the parasites of your parent's generation,
 
try delousing the closet in your own room.
This was written by Bill Gates. This man is smarter than I already thought he was.

I was out the door very early this morning, sore back and all. I'll be awhile getting over that cracked rib incident. One of my kitty-care cats is only a kitten so I spent WAYYYYYYYYYY too much time there playing cat and mouse games. Oh how I miss having a young cat in the home. I love my old geriatric kitties more than I can say but they are just gawd-awful lazy. When I pull a string around or throw a ball they just look at me and then with a pathetic look on their face paw it back to me. "There, are you happy now". Sometimes they just turn and give me their rear end. Really, do I deserve that?
I look forward some day to having a few crazy, off-the-wall kittens to raise again. Of course they will be rescues if you were wondering. For now I'll just smother my oldies with kisses....they hate that,  too.

 Now for some eye-candy.....
In honour of  Black Cat Appreciation Day (the crazy kitten)




I am surrounded with beauty each day.
Their personalities shine through as the days go by.
"What did you bring us today, lady with thumbs?"
(the cat bag fell out of the car today...hence time for a new one)
I want to give a shout out to Caren (and Cody) at Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com/and thank them for such a nice write up about my blog. I try to send you comments, Caren and for some reason they never go through. It's frustrating because I'm not great on the computer and can't figure out what the problem is. So......"Thanks again for all your nice comments and a big hug for Cody"

off to kitty-sit

hugs, Deb




14 comments:

  1. The most I had in one go was 5 cats, now there's only one left and he is 16 (Mr Boo), I want a house full of cats again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that black cat pic! It looks like my Jinx. Is it a Bombay cat? My Jinx is and has a corkscrew tail. So cute. He's the only cat I have inside now, the others are barn cats. I can't imagine like without a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice eye candy! Sweet kitties. I can tell you truly do love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom just loves the qoute about teenagers :)
    Lovely catpictures as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Bill Gates quote...and that beautiful black cat! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous kitty pics! I always love to see your pals.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb your photos were just wonderful and the black kitty in honor of Black Cat Appreciation Day is exquisite!
    Thanks so much for the shout out!I do use comment moderation on my blog so that could also be why you do not see your comments immediately. They have to be approved by me before they can be posted.
    I have received comments from you before so I am thinking that maybe when you think that they haven't "taken" it is just that I haven't cleared them yet.
    Also...if you use IE maybe that is causing a problem?
    Either way I am sooo sorry you are experiencing this!
    I'll continue to stop by no matter what!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Own! I love all photos, but the first is so cute!
    Here lives my black cat Ébano. He has only three legs.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Deb, Beautiful quote ! And your kitties' photos just made us giggle : )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the 'eye candy'!
    Thanks for sharing-hope you feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cuties you are so lucky to visit and care for! I know the 'look' that Charlie gives me when I attempt to play with string. He will sometimes humor me but mostly not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb! Oh, I love that quote by Bill Gates too! Now look at all these little beauties! I have a friend whose little kitty bit her on the ankle, it's all swollen and she's on antibiotics now. Someone said it was called 'cat scratch fever'. Have you ever heard of that? I hadn't. If anyone would know, I knew you would.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Deb! Not having cats since I was a little girl, I just didn't know about this! I'm sure little kitty needs some training! :)
    You are the sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness! Candy it is! I'm swooning!
    That little black kitty is a heart stealer for sure. But each kitty has a special "something" that touches us. Actually, I want to kiss them all!

    ReplyDelete