Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Audrey & her clone

Audrey weighs 8 pounds today. I weighed myself and then picked her up and subtracted the difference. 8 lbs. My weight will remain a secret.
Apparently, that is a good weight for an almost 10 month old kitten. I'm hoping to keep her weight there as she looks long, lean and healthy. Oh, yes, and she's bad...bad...bad! But, she's a beauty.
"I'm bad"
We went used-tractor shopping today. Yes, I'd rather have been flower-shopping but I made the best of it.
The tractor is just up the road from us. It's huge, it's old and it works so the retired-guy wants it for cutting and clearing at the property.
While he played 'farmer in the dell' I played with the chickens.
They all came running to see me and clucked and frolicked around. I felt very welcomed or they were hungry, not sure. I must have broken the boredom of their day, though. This farm is really nice. It has a gorgeous log home on the property and a little farm house, too. The barns are kept maintained and all the animals looked happy. There was a huge vegetable garden right outside their door. Beautiful!
 I even love the smell of the chicken coop. But, you know I was at the barn looking for cats and was not disappointed when this Audrey clone appeared.

This cat was very friendly and didn't want me to leave.

You can see our weather has changed a bit today. It is sunny and cool. Rather nice, actually. The humidity is coming again soon, though. That I can do without.

Off to cat-sit Ebony. This is my last visit with her as her people are home tonight. I'll miss her.

hugs, Deb

.


11 comments:

  1. lovely photos....I love chickens...we used to have a pet one ...miss her ! I know that sounds funny but animals have personality don't they... Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey is very pretty--and of course she is naughty--she is a cat!
    How we wish we could sometimes reason with a feline!
    My husband [retired] restores tractors--I take books and mags with me whenever a tractor viewing is on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tractors ,log homes, chickens and cats. I would have had a ball!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic afternoon. My mom always wanted chickens but we never lived in a place conducive to that. I think your Audrey is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey is a lovely girl with a bit of the bad girl in her...a perfect feline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tire of seeing pictures of Audrey. I was surprised to read her weight as she looks larger to me in the pics. My cat is long and lean too, but he weighs 13 lbs. He is about 10 years old. Audrey is such a beauty and so full of personality. She's lucky to own someone so patient with her badness!! Hopefully she'll calm down in time. Great post, Deb. Your blog is a daily delight. Thanks for sharing.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looked like a good day out to me, love the kitty.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have missed something, are you moving to this farm? My hubby would love to have a tractor, and so would I! Chickens generally come a runnin whenever they think food may be involved, but they are also quite curious creatures and probably wanted to check you out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your blog because your posts make me smile, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What i do not realize is in reality how you are no
    longer really a lot more neatly-appreciated than you might be right now.
    You are so intelligent. You know therefore significantly
    with regards to this subject, produced me individually consider
    it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and
    women aren't interested except it is something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. All the time care for it up!

    My blog post :: job Finder ni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;)
    Cheers!

    my web blog book of ra online spielen mybet

    ReplyDelete