Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Patient cat, good dog & the hunt

Sierra loves the mailman.

She waits patiently every morning for him to arrive.

If I am outside she sometimes waits on the front porch and then she can give him a kiss.

Kane had a very good vet visit.
He tucked his head into my arm and let Dr. Ann do her magic. He has always been labelled a 'fear biter' because he was abused as a young dog. Getting him through his annual check-up has always been taxing to say the least. I have asked to have him muzzled but Dr. Ann prefers not to. It takes a special vet to know how to keep him calm. Dr. Ann has been his vet for 11 years. His weight has stayed the same for years because of 2 walks a day (good for us, too) . She tells us his eyes are slightly declining but not too bad. He has 2 lumps (fat deposits) on his abdomen but she is not worried about them. His overall health is very good and Dr. Ann said it had a lot to do with our feeding regime. Kane has never been fed commercial dog food as a main diet. He is fed 2x daily a home cooked meal. He is given a little crunchy for his teeth but only on occasion.  For anyone who may be interested, his main meals consist of a protein (chicken, beef, egg or fish) along with rice or potato mixed with an array of  cooked vegetables. He hates mushrooms and will leave them in his bowl. I give him treats of whole wheat bread with butter or a bit of cheese. He has a multi-vitamin added to his food and occasionally some oil for his coat. That's it. Oh, yes and, although this would only be on a rare occasion,  today he had some ice cream as an extra special treat for being a good boy.
"Good boy, Kane"

I am always on the hunt for the perfect china cabinet. I know what I like but can't seem to find it.


I like this one. It reminds me of my grandmother's summer kitchen.
Oh well, the fun is in the hunt.
hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. Great news about the vet visit. Mom Paula just loves Kane because she grew up with a collie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, clever boy Kane!! He deserves an extra treat for sure!
    Our cats do so much better with the female vet Dr Aimee than they do for the male vets. Oscar will purr and roll over for belly rubs and kisses, he hisses and spits at the male vets. Dr Aimee loves to brag about this!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super news on Kane. He's such a pretty dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Kane!! Such lovely pieces of china in your pictures..I like the plates with the birds on them peeking out from the back row!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Kane's vet visit went so well. When my brats hide their head in my elbow at vet visits-goodness, I just want to protect them =) from that vet lady!
    Look at lovely Sierra in that sunbeam-a lovely shot. She kisses your mailman-really?! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Kane had a great checkup. He is such a sweet boy!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad your sweet boy was given a good health check. My two pupsters went today too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness your Kane is a beautiful boy! Glad he got his ice cream treat!

    ReplyDelete