Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rain is only good for the garden

It's been raining here for 2 days. The ferals still come for food but they are wet and miserable. That just adds to the sadness of their predicament. Feral cats are everywhere in our area. Too many. No one takes charge to trap them as the shelter is bursting at the seams already.  I only see two every night for the last 6 months. I know there are many more but they will remain a mystery. I know that these two will eat a good meal and will sleep the night. I leave them bread, soft food and kibble and plenty more for the others. Water is given fresh every night behind a truck wheel. That alone makes me feel ok although I leave there with a tight chest and saddened. Damn it! They all need to be spayed and they all deserve a good home.


I am still 'smitten' with my new tea-pot found at an antique shop.
Look at these pudgy little feet


"Mmmmm. A few home-made cookies left to finish off." Not so bad if you eat them before 7pm. That's what I've read and I'm going to believe that. :-)
Kane and I got caught in the rain today. I don't have good hair for rainy days. It goes flat on top and wavy on the sides. Are you picturing it? Annie's look kind of says it all.

                  "You actually walk around looking like that?"
Ed has a bit more cooth. He wasn't fazed a bit.
He just wants dinner.
I'm linking up to http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.ca/
hugs, Deb

8 comments:

  1. awesome stuff! More power to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wished there was something we could put in the feral cats water or food that would sterilize them. Rainy weather breaks my heart for animals that are homeless....

    Your cats are so sweet!
    No rain here..yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so feel for the poor kitties and thank you so much for helping with food and water.We too have the rain for the last two days and wonder when we will get summer this year. The teapot is lovely. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad when I think about the ferals. So wonderful all you do for them. That Annie has such a sweet face even if she is giving you a 'look'! How is Ed doing? He touches my heart, all the old guys do it seems. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you stopped by so I could find you. I live in southern California and I'm also active in animal rescue. I also housesit all the neighborhood furries when their human family has to go out of town. Just this past year I lost my last kitty who was 27 years old! He came to me when he was only 6 months old. He was amazing(they are all amazing)and wasn't sick at all until the week before he died. Bless you for all the wonderful care you give the furries in your area.
    And, I love your new teapot. It's lovely and very unique. You found a treasure!
    I hope you are having a lovely weekend...and the sun comes out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a cats protection group here on the Isle Of Wight that will trap ferals, neuter, worm & de-flea them, then release them back into the wild as long as the farms / land owners agree to feed them dry biscuits. They mostly agree, because the charity tells them that the cats can't survive on their prey alone and if they want mousers, they've got to make an effort. Not quite as good as a proper home, but half way there I suppose.
    Lovely teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that tea pot with those cute pudgy feet!!
    Love your cats.I am just starting to draw animals with pan pastels. What fun that is!!
    Yes, if you have animals, you just have to spend time with/on them.If only most people did that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ed and Annie are an awesome pair of kitties!

    ReplyDelete