Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

And that's that.

We spent a rainy afternoon with the 'septic people' but it wasn't all that boring.
 There were 4 gorgeous cats roaming the office that had been rescued by the owner of the company. He found them in need and made them office cats. Now, I ask you, how can we not have picked a great company like this to install a septic system on our property. They were not only professional but the owner and all his staff were gaga over cats.  My kinda people.  I was there to be serious and make decisions so I had to forgo the cat photo shoot. I played with three lazy brown tabbies though when the conversations turned to 'diesel tractor talk',  and  a silly tuxedo gal that rolled over on the floor numerous times when Bill the owner would say, "Martha...roll over for the people." And over she'd go. "Again, Martha.... over she'd go. "Isn't she smart?", he asked. I thought.."Bill, get a dog."


It's been an incredibly busy year for us and we are so behind in the house building plans.
The new energy regulations, that so nicely just came into effect this year in Ontario, really caused some head-aches. Too many hoops to jump through as it was very time-consuming and frustrating.
We have an old well, over 100 years,  sitting on the property, that got the attention of the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority.
 Another 'hit the wall' experience.  Permits, permits, permits...everything takes forever. It has been moving at a snail's pace.
We have had to make so many decisions in such a short period of time. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
So here it is October and we are still waiting on permits. By the time the house would be ready we would be moving in the dead of winter here so we have decided to do all the preliminary stuff at the property and build the house starting April.   I'm trying to stay positive. This was supposed to be an exciting and wonderful time but I have hated every minute of it. It's been enough to make me want to bang my head against something.


So, it can only go up from here but it looks like we'll have one more Christmas in the old house.

And that's that.
Hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. Hang Deb, (Not that you wouldn't!) I know you have been waiting a long time for you new home to come, and it will. I wish you a wonderful Christmas and winter in your present home. Perhaps there is a good reason for it to happen this way - and I don't mean just the red tape! Spring will be wonderful! Lily WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would only be shocking to me if you said your new build went completely smoothly. How funny that you found an installer that had an office full of rescue cats! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love your pictures of the kitties! thank you so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things start to go a little more smoothly for you. I think that firm sounds top notch . I think thhe coment that you attract cas is true. I also seem to in my wwork especially. I am there to help the people but end up snapping pictures of their cats on my phone afterwards. I would though love your job.. Hugs GJ and Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Christmas in your present house gives you a bit more breathing space and you sound as though you need it. It WILL all come together, honest.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well be positive and enjoy! I've always heard that building a home is so hard but worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. waiting is such a hard thing to do, easier with all those beauties around you I would think!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my it is a waiting game isn't it! Sending you some hugs and oh boy are your cats darling. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooo boy, all that paperwork and nonsense can be so frustrating!!! But I LOVE your septic company. Four cats, excellent.
    Hope all the homebuilding stuff goes smoothly from here on in!

    ReplyDelete