Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Is it a tea-cup?

I had a bit of time today to play with my dishes. I'm a dishaholic...maybe I forgot to mention that. :)

I keep popping in to the china cabinet to look at my latest rescue; a brown transfer-ware pitcher. It is fast becoming one of my favorite things.

The words  "I have a need to rescue something today" stops the retired-guys breathing for a moment. His head whips around at the speed of light and he asks quietly, "Is it a tea-cup? Please tell me it's a tea-cup."   Oh, he loves the cats, but we do have six.

I often change up my cupboards and cabinets but I always end up going back to displaying my whites and creams. That's my favorite look. A little addition of colour here and there finishes it off. The Fall colours are perfect.

Coffee in my white tea-cup and cinnamon sugar toast .
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon to 3 tbsp. sugar. Mix together and keep in a jar near the toaster.

This has been a favorite since childhood. I popped over to Susan Branch's blog http://www.susanbranch.com/page/2/ and was reminded of this simple, tasty breakfast. Have you met Susan? You MUST drop over as she will take you on a journey with her creative writing and her wonderful illustrations. She had me at her china display and then I met JACK. Oh, you will love JACK.

And where is Audrey right now? She's never far. Just to my right as I type there is a blanket on a wicker chest. This is her hide-away and she thinks no one knows she's there. It's where she goes to meditate & clear her pea-brain head.
Or maybe I have yet to find the results of her latest CATastrophe.


I'm joining 'A Favorite Thing' at http://mockingbirdhillcottage.com/& Saturday Night Special at http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/
hugs, Deb

20 comments:

  1. I am a dishaholic too! Mine is one to white ironstone!What a beautiful collection!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely jug . I to collect jugs of all types , I find them at the antique shops ! I love Susan Branch I follower her website and have a few of her scrapbooks ! Cute photos of kitty all cuddled up ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a silly kitty! I love to mix cinnamon and honey for toast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a lovely jug, Susan Branch is a favorite of mine and cinnamon toast as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dishes...and the cat photo had me cracking up! Cats are so funny, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh....I can't resist any opportunity to get a kitty fix! My husband and I are hopeless cat lovers. I can't imagine life without our purrrrfect little pals. Each one of your photos have just melted my heart...and, that sweet paw reaching out from the wooly blanket.
    Have a happy weekend, my friend,
    Pet the kitties for me!
    Carolynn >^^<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello! My name is Liz and I love kitties and dishes too! :)
    Audacious Audry looks like a spit fire. I just received my latest addition of Willard and enjoyed reading it. That little transferware pitcher is a darling save. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I want to know is where all the china lives when its not on display, you must have tons of it.
    It's funny, I would have thought I'd get fed up with seeing your tea cups etc, but I don't. Maybe I'm a closet dishaholic. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful pitcher. But the kitty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you new pitcher too and glad to hear Audrey is Audrey!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... Audrey is a cutie...

    Audrey is such a special and pretty color, wat is it called?
    In my nabourhood there is one tom in exactly the same furcolor; he often pops by our garden for a visit.

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey is a very dark grey (solid colour) almost a blue grey.

      Delete
  12. Those pictures of Audrey are toooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that Audrey! What a cutie. As a dishaholic myself, I heartily support your addiction. Love your transferware. (I'm a huge Susan Branch fan!) Thanks so much for joining in this week.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from MHC-- what gorgeous kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pictures of cats...they are so wonderful. I am well acquainted with Susan's cat Jack. He seems to be in every picture. I have always been a 'dishaholic" so I understand :)
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please join my "support group" because I am a dishaholic too! It started with blue and white transferware, then it proceeded to pink, then brown and I am thinking green transferware is in my future as well. Love your pitcher! How adorable! I always have a shaker filled with cinnamon sugar too. One of life's little pleasures to be sure. I am charmed by your blog and am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit when you have a chance, my gate is always open for you.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am visiting from A Favorite Thing Saturday and am your newest follower! I love linking parties because it enabled me to find your blog. I too am a dishaholic. I have always adored dishes. Stop by Still Woods Farmhouse and read about my collection of Memory Lane transferware that began with just one dinner plate from my grandmother. I can't wait to come back and read more of Just Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely site. I love tea cups and cats! I have a SHOW-case Craft Showcase going on this weekend if you would like to be a part of! :)

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/10/show-licious-craft-showcase-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little pitcher -- it looks nice right in the middle of the shelf! Audrey probably doesn't realize that she left a clue to where she is snoozing.... adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete