Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

She pours like a champion.

I've never had a favorite child, (oh goodness, no) or a favorite cat, (no, that just would not do),  but I do have a favorite tea-pot. I believe that is acceptable.


Yes,  I do believe I found a great little tea-pot.

First off, it holds 6 cups.
It is light in weight.
It pours like a champion. Not one drop of tea is lost.

It fits right in with my blue and white china. Be still my heart.


It has a beautiful tulip painted on it. It comes nameless & no stamp. I found it in a thrift shop and it looked like it had never contained tea. It needed a job.

It looks a little plain next to the super-model blue and white pots but don't be fooled;  this pot is a winner.

Especially when the tea it holds is accompanied with lemon and poppy-seed loaf.

If you are ever passing by the Pakenham General Store do drop in for one of these scrumpdillyishus treats.

Oh,oh...I need that bottom box. Do I dare?

You know I would never wake a sleeping lion.
The print behind the first photo was a gift from Jeri at http://hopalonghollowgazette.blogspot.ca/
For an enjoyable visit, drop by to meet her and be amazed at this special ladies talents.

I'm joining up with http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/ for Let's Dish

hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. I love that you cherish your china and treat them with respect. I bet they're so happy when you find them and bring them home:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is one gorgeous tea pot - not to mention all the other great pieces!

    And what a sweet photo of the sleeping kitty!!!




    For those reading this, check out my cat blog archives for some informative posts and archived stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.
    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
    Debby in Arizona

    Talk to Your Angels
    http://www.YourAngelSpeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so hard to find a teapot that pours well? I'm not saying I would swipe that pot but if I'm ever in your area, you might want to keep it under lock and key! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... there is a very special photo of a new little person in your sidebar! Bradley looks heavenly! Congratulations again.
    Love the sweet little pot and oh, love that kitty.
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a teapot of elegance and beauty. A lovely find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Bradley's photo. Great new tea pot and what a wonderful find. Audrey looks peaceful ... take advantage of the quiet! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my book simple is best. And oh, that Audrey! And the new pic of Bradley is, well, simply perfect!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty picture your blues make together! Lovely little teapot too. I agree with you about favorites. I'm always amazed to hear someone say they have a favorite child. But dishes--now that another story. I love your cozy kitties and teas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, Love the blue and white transferware, and your six cup teapot! Your lemon poppyseed loaf looks great too! I have a post ready for next week's tea parties that also features lemon poppyseed bread. It's just plain good weather for baking! I have an apple bread in the oven right now, and I made pumpkin bread earlier this week. Mmmmmm!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty tea pot! I love the tulip! You have a lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete