Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Now you see 'em, now you don't & the winner is...

My apologies to anyone looking back on some of my past posts. It seems that most of my photos are missing. 
I took a peek back to check on something and was surprised to find photos gone, vanished. I imagine if you have popped back in my posts you would have thought "well, this blows. The photos don't open."
Needlesstosay, this is going to be a pain in the neck fixing.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I made the mistake of first uploading my photos to facebook and taking them from there to use on blog posts. Facebook has recently changed their URL (Universal Resource Locator) and my photos are not where they used to be. That means they have vanished from all my posts.
I've learned my lesson and will now upload only to blogger. This will take some time to fix, though. OK - the whine-fest is over.

Now on to the give-away winner.
The winner was #17 - "Congratulations"  to WeaverPat at http://hookhandheart.blogspot.ca/
Thank you so much for participating in my give-away and I hope you really enjoy your new cat mug. I'll be sending it along with a few other items so please drop me an email with your mailing address and I'll get this gift off to you today. I see Pat has 5 kitties so there will be a few fun items for them, too.

It is an over-cast day, with a cool breeze and the sun refuses to shine.
The ladies, Audacious Audrey, her Aunt Sierra and mom, Annie have the right idea after finding the right sized boxes. They nap the morning away once Audrey has finished disturbing everyone.
               "Can you scratch my head, my favorite Aunt Sierra?"
"Anything to shut ya up"

"I knew she'd eventually cave. I'm irresistable"

"See"

I'll also be removing the 'you might also like' bits for awhile.
hugs, Deb

18 comments:

  1. You certainly are Audrey.

    Concatulations to the winners WeaverPat.

    We hope you manage to sort the picture problem soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noooooo - how sad that all your photos are missing. That's D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, these are soooo pretty and sweet....aren't cats the most interesting subjects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I can't believe it!!!
    Thank you so much, Deb!
    The kitties will surely enjoy our gifts.
    I love that cat mug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't email you through Blogger. Something about the 'default mail is not properly installed'.

    Pat Wenger
    Box 413
    Newburg, PA 17240 USA

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb,

    Todays pic's are hilarious!!!

    Greets from NL,

    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey is persistent, but I'm betting that's what you find so appealing about her! Love coming to your blog for a big smile for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations weaver Pat!
    I think Audrey could get away with anything...oh, she does!
    Jane x
    PS I've not forgotten the 'feeding' post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy for Pat on her win. Not really. I wanted to win! That's a very good aunty to take care of Audrey's itch. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, sorry for your blog troubles! Cute kitty photos. Mine love to play in boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Audrey you would get me to scritch your head any day! We have a youngun now and know all about pestering...poor Charlie isn't use to it yet. We have to separate them some each day to give Charlie a break! Congrats to the winner of that cute mug!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did wonder about the missing photos, but not being tech-savvy I blamed my own computer. And Audrey is right, resistance is futile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sucks about all your photos , sometimes these sites have a mind of their own ! Lovely photos ! Congrats to WeaverPat ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I thought the missing pictures were something my computer was doing to me. I'm sorry to hear about the problems on your end. It's similar in most programmes, I think; if the computer can't find its 'links', the images come out poorly or not at all. Even a change of name or, in this case, address will do it. Just when the computer-makers tell you how smart their machines are...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah ha! Well at least the mystery is now solved. So sorry it will cost you time though. I wondered as your photos are not the only ones recently disappeared from blogger. I do love those photos posted today - cats and cardboard boxes! Congrats to your winner too. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Concats to WeaverPat! Love cats in boxes. Cardboard is almost as good as nip at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pictures of the kitties! I love those close-up shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well shoot, Deb! That is too bad about the photos disappearing. I guess I thought you knew it had happened. I had gone back to many posts, especially when there was a 'you might also like' about Maggie and Ginny but then the photos would be gone. I was happy to see them added on the side bar though! It was my first real good look at them. They looked so beautiful! I can see why you loved them so very much. I just want to reach out and touch them.
    The photos today of the kitties were so cute... that Audrey - getting her way again! lol
    How is little Bradley doing?
    Congrats to WeaverPat for being the cup winner! Have fun!
    Love to you and kitties,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete