Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Fall project

Finally finished up the chairs today.
All you need is material, foam to plump up the seat, scissors, a staple-gun, lots of staples and in our case a steam iron to iron out the wrinkles in the burlap before cutting.
These are the before photos.
The chair covers were old and didn't match. I don't care that the chairs don't all match but the covers had to go. I wanted them all the same. 

 I'm pleased at how they turned out and I love that the natural colour of the burlap will go with many wall colours.  It was quite easy with little fuss to cover the seats.
Just a little trimming up and we're done.


I had lots of help recovering the chairs and now someone is refusing to give up the french bread basket.

Now that the wood stove will be on most days I'll be putting it there with the beloved boxes. She'll be happy. Well, happier than she looks here, anyway.
Orange Mandarin tea with honey as a reward.
OK...a few cookies, too. *grin*
Next it's to make a table-runner from the left-over material and shop for a new over-head lamp.
Hope your day was fun.
I'm joining http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.ca/for Home Sweet Home.
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.ca/ for Feathered Nest Friday.
hugs, Deb 

19 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I just noticed your new header, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Oh, your chairs look great! Love your centerpiece on your table too :)
    Look at your header - is adorable!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.I remember your curly haired little granddaughter and how beautiful she is.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new header is delightful--how clever! I've recovered the seats of dining room chairs several times--I think the hard part is using the heavy duty stapler to fasten the material on the under side.
    Its neat that burlap is suddenly a very 'in' decorator material.
    Annie-in-a basket-on-the-table is very fetching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll just have to get another bread basket. It looks like annie is quite content.

    Of course Audrey would probably take over that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs look great, and will be easy to replace if they get tidy or torn.

    I saw this poster today and thought of you: https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/94095146/tea-cat-print-poster-165-x-116-a3?ref=shop_home_active

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ! Love the cat bed / centerpiece on your table. My cats love being the centerpiece too but don't have such a perfect size "bed' to snuggle into.

    I really LOVE your header. Who painted it for you ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the chairs! And I love your new header! Cute!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely LOVE your header! Lovely post. Love Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chairs look great! I think that was just the perfect natural and neutral way to cover those chairs! Oh the bread basket kitty is so funny. Charlie is way too big for a bread basket these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the burlap on the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome! I love burlap and the chairs turned out great. The neutral color will go with just about everything and it holds up well, too.

    PS - I love your new header! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's definitely giving you the evil eye. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, if looks could kill... She's definitely saying, "touch my bread basket and you die!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peach couldn't look more perfect!
    She's so lovely.

    Your chairs turned out marvellously. The retired guy wields a mean staple gun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your chairs look great! I just love your new header--that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so talented! They look fabulous.

    I love Miss Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come have tea and try out the new seat covers. Annie loves you, too.

      Delete
  17. The seat covers are great! I love burlap. Y'all did a great job!

    Annie's expression made me laugh. She doesn't want to give up the bread basket, does she? haha

    The header is great! I would want to print it and put it in a frame.

    Your tea and cookies photos always make my mouth water. Do you purchase tea in bags or loose tea? I've started drinking my tea with honey because of you. :-) There is a local bee keeper from whom I purchase wonderful honey. The commercial honey is just not comparable.

    I hope your Sunday is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way your chairs look after the reupholstery, the retired guy is really a craftman!
    Your adorable living looks so warm and inviting that I would stay forever! May I stay, Annie?

    ReplyDelete