Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Monk's Blend tea

Well, so much for the milder weather. The cold has returned and I had a bag of tea-leaves that needed to be steeped. Monk's Blend sounded interesting when I saw it on the shelf at our local health food store.
I  had just the right treat to serve with it. Nothing fancy today as I was soon out the door to go shopping with someone very special but let me tell you the tea was amazing. Jess and I added just a bit of honey to this fruity blend.. The retired-guy joined us and we all loved this tea.






Originally it is believed that this blend was developed by Tibetan Monks; infused with universal life energy to support their life's desires, especially the work that they did by hand. Tea is an item that these monks considered good for the soul. Monk's Blend is a delicious infusion of Ceylon Black Tea, vanilla and grenadine. A lovely flavoured black tea, sweet and toasty. To be enjoyed day or night. Steeping Instructions: Use 1tsp of tea per 6oz cup. Steep for 3-4 minutes in boiling water.





My family asks me around this time what I would like for Christmas. First thing that comes to mind...delicious and wonderful tea. I'm pretty easy to please. One year I got tea-books, a tea-pot, tea-cups, white cream and sugar bowls  and so many amazing teas to try. I loved it.
The retired-guy always says "Just get me a case of beer." The kids just shake their head.
"What a pair!"

Annie was guarding the little kitchen tree today.

She is such a calm, loving & gentle cat. She's my little Peach.

And how about this little apple of my eye. Look who is starting to give Nana a big smile now.
and then a giggle...

Little Gwyn is over two months and weighing in at eleven pounds now. She had a fun afternoon at Nan and Gramps and enjoyed looking at all the tea-cups in the cupboard. Then we were off shopping for Aunt Allie's birthday present. It was cold out but nothing a steaming hot chocolate couldn't fix.

No news on Molly and her babes yet but if you are planning to travel this Christmas and need a  cat-sitter please scroll down to my previous post for some tips.

I'm joining Sandi athttp://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca/ for Tea-time Tuesday. (better late than never)

hugs, Deb

11 comments:

  1. Aaah,look at Nana's smile...priceless.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling baby! I love those first giggles. They surely warm one's heart. Your tea sounds lovely and the tea mugs with the birds are wonderful! I love anything with a birdie theme. Thank you for sharing at Tea Time and by the way, you're not late. My tea party is open until Friday evening. Have a beautiful day, Deb.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby looks quite pleased!

    I'll have to look up that tea... and I've seen notices here of a tea festival up at the Convention Centre this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those smiles and giggles warm the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwyn is a cutie pie!
    ...and just look at sweet Annie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. TWO little peaches, Annie and Gwyn, with their lovely colourings and sweet dispositions!

    The tea sounds heavenly. Sure could use some today. The bird mugs add to the tea's good vibrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute grandbaby with a very sweet smile. The blend of tea sounds so interesting and it is wonderful chilly weather for a cup. Your cat photo of you and the baby is darling. Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... those photos are precious. Makes us smile really big.
    GG's a tea-girl too. Her faves are black currant and earl grey.
    ; ) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of Monks Blend tea, but didn't realize it was really made by monks!! Wow, whata-ya-know! I love sweet teas, vanilla, and black tea, so I may have to try it sometime for myself! Not sure what grenadine is, though, do you? Your little grandbaby is too cute!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm hopping over from Rose Chintz Cottage.
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete