Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Vintage Christmas trees

We had our first 'dump' of snow this week.
It was beautiful.
I actually love our winters.
I'll not say that the first time I have to drive on icy roads, though.

I wish these were old family photos but they are not.
They are from the internet because I don't have one vintage photo from Christmases past when I was a child.
We had magical Christmas trees covered with garland and icicles. There was always a huge star at the top and our lights would twinkle. The shiny, glittery ornaments filled the tree along with peppermint
candy-canes. Those ornaments now hang on my trees.

Did people not take photos of all the hoopla in the 50's and 60's? 
Obviously,  my family did not. *such a shame*



                                                               I'd say this guy did alright.

Hope your holiday planning is still on track. The days are getting busier now with more cat-sitting, birthday celebrations and lots of Christmas shopping.  

It is a winter wonderland here and the temperature has fallen drastically. It's time now for winter boots and woolly mittens.

Stay warm & "Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends."

hugs, Deb

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day and stay cozy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post on vintage Christmas trees Deb! Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that in the UK cameras were a luxury and the cost of getting the films developed were prohibitive.It's sad that our childhood Christmases were not recorded.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Thanksgiving Greeting! I have many family and friends that are Canadian and always with we could join in each others days! We could do it twice that way! lol

    The trees are so beautiful. They make me want to travel back and see the ones of my childhood in the 50's and 60's. Really lovely.

    I always enjoy your side bar photos! I have to scroll down it often to see what it new!

    Have a warm day in your "wools"!

    Love,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful collection. I love vintage Christmas trees. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb I am going to go through some of my old photos and see if I can find some Christmas photos from when I was a child!! My parents took slides and so I don't have that many prints and not sure where all the slides went over the years. I had a nice day and a quiet Thanksgiving. Now on to the Christmas decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, old fashioned trees.
    Freshly fallen snow helps put me in the mood for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great classic trees!
    Lovely!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I woke up to the same snowfall yesterday and couldn't resist smiling...or taking pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so hope to get a natural cut tree this year--these trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous! Today I'm bringing out my stuff... it's a long process and I love every second!

    ReplyDelete