Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

What's in the cookie jar?

I made a few dozen chocolate chip cookies this week and put walnuts in half of them. 
Some go in the freezer. Some don't make it there.
One bowl cookie recipe
Chocolate Chip
(a very soft cookie)

1/2 cup soft butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix above ingredients
Drop by teaspoonfuls on sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Cool and place in tupperware to keep them soft. 
Now it's time to put some loaf cakes away for the holiday season and pull out the gingerbread recipes.


My kitty Christmas banner was a gift from a fellow blogger, Judy from http://judyatgoldcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Judy is such a nice lady and last year I told her I admired her cute little Christmas banner.  She wrote back that she had two of them and would like to send one to me. Before I knew it the banner was at my door wrapped in pretty Christmas paper.
Don't you just love this world of bloggers?
It's one of my favorite Christmas things now. Thanks again Judy.

I've been quite 'under the weather' the last week (actually I feel like a bus full of elephants hit me) and have been drinking loads of tea. Mostly ginger and chamomile with organic honey. The honey helps my sore throat. This bug is a bad one and wants to hang on for dear life. I found a new tea; apple cinnamon chamomile that is like heaven in your mouth.   I really don't have time for illness. I am starting with two more 'stay at home kitties' tonight who I have not seen for awhile. I so look forward to spending time with them. They won't care that I look like something the cat dragged in.

It snowed today

and I can't wait to get out there and enjoy it.

Thank you all for your sweet, caring comments on my previous post.
We are all saddened by the loss but realize that it sometimes just happens.
I'm really counting on everyone's good thoughts and prayers to get the eight kittens through the next week. They will be three weeks then. I will give you updates as I hear from the rescue.
hugs  Deb

8 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your recipes. Love your new kitty banner. I love the old-fashioned look and somewhere I have some reproduction kitties that were made into ornaments -- actually gift tags, but would be cute ornaments. I'll have to see if I can find them. I haven't reached that closet yet! Take care of your cold.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the little one, Deb. We'll keep the rest of the babies in our prayers that they all get to bring in the holidays with cheer and plenty of mews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    So sorry you are under the weather, I hope the bus full of elephants moves on soon.
    I love the first picture of hte cuties sitting up like a squirrel. It reminded me of my Maine Coon Emma when she was little. She would also walk on just her hind legs to follow me down the hallway, grabbing at my legs.
    Hugs from a Canadian in California

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this kitty garland too! I love it and gave many away the year I got it. I'll have to go digging for it. What a priceless watercolor of you and the kitties! I am posting a photo of one of our cats soon. I am amused when you say that Annie loves china and is fascinated with twinkle lights. Aparently our cat is mesmerized too. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting to see that cute kitty banner appear! We always had plum pudding at Christmas in my childhood home and we should have had the cat serve it!
    Feel better soon! I sent a Wassail recipe to your email - it really helps me feel more comfortable when my throat is sore!
    Love,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fun banner!

    And thus far the snow has stayed on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitty garland! I'll find one hopefully on line.
    The adorable beige kitty makes us think of the little kitty that passed- quite poignant, that photo. Praying for Molly and her little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will try that chocolate chip cookie recipe, Deb...
    Looks pretty darn easy!
    Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog...Much appreciated!
    Enjoy your week♥
    Hope you are feeling better....

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete