Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Sisters

This is my sister, Diane and my brother's girlfriend, Joyce at a dinner party last week.
My sister has recovered very well from her hip surgery last summer and is getting around much better. It's good to see her happy and out of pain now.















I had to cancel a get-together that was planned so Diane and her hubby could finally meet our new addition, Gwyneth.
With Diane's surgery it has been hard to get her out of the house and then wouldn't you know it I have to get sick. So, postponed to the next best date.

I am so in love with this old man.
This is Twinkle now in his senior years and having to be medicated for a thyroid condition.
He is very thin now but still loves to have massages and his head scratched. I just love when he greets me at the door with his old-man voice and then stands ready for some attention. I am really enjoying caring for him and he doesn't give a hoot if I have no voice or look a bit bedraggled. He loves me anyway.

We are going to have some very happy cats today. The wood is arriving. Are you excited, Audrey?
"He's here...he's here!"
The truck just arrived.
Stay tuned for photos around the old wood stove.


hugs, Deb

9 comments:

  1. Twinkie....you had me at hello, little darling! As always Deb you are amazing at capturing the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! Glad your sister is doing well. My senior kitty Julius must be jealous of me looking at another cat, because he just jumped up between me and the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, we are all gathered around our wood stove right now enjoying the fire. I always thought cats got old man voices too. Scratch that Twinkle for me. Gremmie says hi. She is still a busy busy kitten, xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twinkle is a Lover boy! Aren't old cats the best? We just love 'em.
    It's a shame so many of them languish in shelters because they are usually, personality wise, exactly what people want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you for helping out all of these little cutie pies... I have seven kitties myself, all of them are rescues :-) I would have a bazillion, but the cat boxes get pretty stinky with the seven I've got lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twinkle is a cutie pie ♥
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable post, Deb...
    You have such a great sense of humour!
    Enjoy your week♥
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to meet your sister Diane! she is so pretty as you are and both have the same smile! Glad she has recovered well!
    Twinkle you are a cutie and are in the best hands! I hope you get better soon Deb!

    ReplyDelete