Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Lucky to be an in-door cat.

I received a comment today asking if I had plans to keep the tabby cat in my previous post. And as much as I would love to share life with a terrific tabby again, David lives with four other cats and three dogs and is loved and well cared for by his owners. Their cats roam free and because of that David visits regularly and we have become very fond of him. I never see him out at night so hopefully he is in before dark; safe from wild-life. That is my biggest concern for him. Nights lately have you leaving windows open for the cool breeze which carries the sound of the near-by coyotes. The little ones are hunting now with the adults and the yipping and howling is startling to hear in the wee hours of the night. It seems to be getting closer and closer.

I remind Audrey every night that she is lucky to be an indoor cat. And I try to make her indoor life interesting and stimulating by adding perches for bird watching and little places for her to hide out. She loves to be up high, like the lion she thinks she is, so giving her time on the plant shelves is a must.


This is Audrey smiling her little head off.
okay then...
 As a matter of fact, my plants have not been on the window shelf for a week now. She's having too much fun up there.

Annie's a different nature and seems quite satisfied with her cat tree and one cozy corner on the couch. She's not much of a climber. Could be the short legs. :)

                                                                            "Heyyyyy!"

We are heading into a hot and humid few days again.
"Blah!"
I've been really happy with the weather of late...more like Fall temperatures.
At least you can breathe.
And I love sweaters...
and coloured leaves
autumn air
and golden skies
cozy socks
woolen scarves
hot chocolate
and
"oh, someone shut me up."


hugs, Deb



15 comments:

  1. They're all lucky...in different ways, I think!

    I love fall...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expression on Audrey's face always makes me laugh. Does she wait for you to take her down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca -No, Audrey is my flying cat. She can jump up on anything.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad David visits and has a good home -- I hope e stays safe. I love seeing your "girls" chilling out. Lizzie is an innie, too. I just feel safer with that. I'm hoping to squeeze a little more summer in but yes,fall is so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of autumn, too, especially the early part, September and October, when the leaves change. It's cool rather than cold. As the weather turns chilly and the days shorten, I feel especially grateful that I have a warm home and that I can provide a refuge for the cats. I too hope David and his roommates are safe indoors at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Audrey and Annie, I love them so much! I'm enjoying the visiting Mr. Toes and he is now an indoor cat after being shot with a pellet gun several years ago. Just not safe out there!
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey looks adorable up on her plant shelf! Don't mind your momma, Annie...she loves you just the way your are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great perch for Audrey!

    I'd hoped we were done with the heat and humidity for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your girls are SO lucky to be indoors. I tell my 2 fur girls this all the time. On their last vet check up appointment, the vet was telling us to be careful about captivity stress being that our girls are indoors. Have you been told this by your vet? Like you I do tried to ensure lots of stimulus with toys, games, access to different window views & places to perch & hide out in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep going on about autumn! Every word is sheer delight!
    I hope David and the other kitties are safe from preditors. I tried to befriend a little black kitty where I used to live. One morning, she was found dead after being set upon by coyotes. It was horrible. I cried and cried.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too....I've had enough of this heat and humidity.
    Bring on fall!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want autumn ♥
    Annie your legs are perfect for you cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Audrey does look very happy on her perch! Coyotes always give me the willies - it's good that your kitties are inside and safe. I love everything about fall, especially sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb, I am an animal lover and I have had cats all my life (I will be 60 this October). Your photos are beautiful! I have a 3 year old male (Romeo) cat, he is black and white with green eyes. I love him! You have a lovely blog. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Gorgeous ' like the lion she thinks she is'! She looks so cute up there!

    ReplyDelete