Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

As the leaves fall.


Over the past weekend, I had the pleasure of spending some time with the lady who took over feeding the feral cats that I had to leave behind when we moved. Although I do make a point of helping out each week, it is her kindness that keeps them in food regularly. There has been no sign of any cats for a long time but that doesn't mean they have moved on. They are feral and keep their distance. It is hard to know, though, if it is cats or other wild-life that feeds on this food. The coming winter will show if cats are still around by their tracks in the snow.

It was a busy weekend with family and friends and now we must settle in and get back to work around the mouse-house. I see raking in my future.

It is raining here and very dull today. The trees around the mouse-house have been through the change and will soon be losing their leaves.


For some reason, the trees at the front are already shedding their leaves.

 Just look at the blanket around the old pump. It seemed to have happened overnight.

"Oh Simon...are you under there?"

"Yep....can't you see me?"
"Hellooooo, everybody."
"I'm having fun in the leaves here."


There is poor Sid all wet and bedraggled. He's still waving hello, though. :)

The birds are at the feeders this morning despite the rain. They are plumping up for the weather ahead and the squirrels and chipmunks are scurrying everywhere. It's a free-for-all out there.

Meanwhile, this dark, dismal day keeps the felines in slumber-mode.
hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. Slumber mode's a good thing. The colours seem to be nearing peak at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your St Francis sitting area =)
    Simon is adorable...I may have made a squee sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a rainy weekend and Charlie and I were in slumber and snuggle mode! I love your leaves, but would hate to rack them I'm afraid.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon is hard to spot in all those leaves. Maple leaves are so pretty, even after they have fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When there are many dreary days I go into slumber mode too, accompanied by my two cats. There is nothing as soothing as a nap on a rainy day with two purring cats snuggled on the sofa with me. It is healing too, I know this for sure.

    Looks like you'll be doing a lot of raking leaves, you might be appreciating the healing snuggles of cats very soon.

    Simon is so cute, almost didn't see him camouflaged in the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HaHa! That little Simon looks lovely...
    And what a brave little chap..running
    about on the ground! Bless! :).

    All looks lovely...Much the same over here,
    l get upset, the leaves on my Virginia Creeper,
    have nearly all fallen, they cover the front and
    back, and look lovely during summer.
    Still, suns just come out....Lovely and dry......!

    How about an umbrella for Sid....A nice blue one! :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Deb....for sharing such lovely autumn color! I so miss that...what perfect days you must be enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos . It has been sunny here we had the rains over night , Our Chippy is also having fun in the leaves as are the squirrels and Miggs lol . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos! Our leaves aren't falling yet; maybe a week away but the color is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of Simon, is the best!
    Great capture!
    That is the way the leaves fall at the cottage too....all at once!
    Enjoy your evening!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwww, I especially love that last photo,! They have such nice lives, don't they! Love your beautiful fall photos.

    ReplyDelete