Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cookies and the calico cat

I was up too early this morning but at least I got all my kitties cared for before joining my son and his family for breakfast.

I have a fetish for cookie jars. I think they deserve a bow at Christmas.

I guess if you love tea, and I do, it only makes sense to love cookies. My favorite cookie jar was a little yellow VW Volkswagon that was a gift from my friend, Christine. A cat broke it. End of story.

My sister is a good baker and she does up a beautiful selection of cookies and squares for us every Christmas. I'll be showing them off and filling my jars. They really are scrumptious.

I would love to have a wooden nativity scene for under our tree. For now, I have this one under glass that was a gift from a friend. It's beautiful and it plays music as the snow falls.

Here's a little cat-trivia. Did you know there are 2 types of calico cats? One is called a vibrant calico and the other is called a pastel calico. The vibrant is dark orange, black and white. The pastel is peach, grey and white. Our Cali, who is 18 years old now,  is a pastel calico. Calico's are known for their 'catitude'.
She has the cutest, white knee-socks I have ever seen. Her attitude is outrageous and she has no time for other cats; will not eat with the riff-raff and attacks bare feet with the intent to destroy but we still love her.

hugs, Deb

6 comments:

  1. Well, I did not know that! I guess we have a vibrant Calico, her name is Claudette and she is crying for her kitty kibble this very minute. Me, I prefer the cookies and tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned something new, I didn't know there were two types. Your girl sure is pretty.

    I collect nativity sets..... I love yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful calico, attitude and all! Your cookie jar looks nice and festive with the bow around it. And you're right, there's nothing better on a cold day than to take an afternoon break with a cuppa tea and a homemade cookie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had only one Calico and she was the Queen of Catitude! I am hoping to bake cookies and make some candy this coming week. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we learned something today! We didn't know that there were two types of calicos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bow on your cookie jar...I just might have to borrow that idea. I love homemade cookies, too. How lucky you are to have someone bake you up a batch. Patty

    ReplyDelete