Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Praying for a home for them together

This little tree is really loaded down with ornaments. That's how I like to see a Christmas tree. The lights at the bottom of the tree on the skirt twinkle. Riley will love that.
Our tree was twice the size last year so I just picked out my favorite of ornaments this year. Little presents will go around the tree and the larger ones will go under the table. No tripping over gifts.

Annie is keeping a close eye on Audrey and so am I. Can I ask you....how is anyone with any compassion for cats supposed to separate these two?  I feel I should try hard to find them a home together although I know from experience that it's not easy to find such a home. I'm praying that someone will want them both. Wish me luck. I love these two dearly.
Can you believe the look on her face? They are just waking up from a snooze. Little Audrey is doing better in the litter-box but we still have a ways to go. It's still loose even with the grain-free food but each day I see improvement. I have to think about Annie being spayed soon. I don't want to rush it and I was hoping to get more weight on her but I think she is going into heat again. I will leave it up to the shelter to advise me. In every photo she looks like a sad-sack but truly she is the sweetest, most affectionate little cat and Audrey...she's the bomb!

Ruby is doing fine in her new home. She keeps them busy.
I had no worries about her. Jess and Mike just adore her.

My daughter, Allie is on the last leg of her travels. They are now in  Buenos Aires. It is the capital and largest city in Argentina. We'll be expecting them home on the morning of the 13th. Sounds like we are picking them up at the airport. Can't wait to see her.

hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. I hope you will be able to keep them together, Deb! I know how my Isabella loves Baby Kitty, even though they are not related. Riley will love the tree! My daughter is just setting hers up and so far my little grandson is not much interested since it's not a truck! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers for a home for both.
    So glad your daughter will be home soon!
    Your little tree is wonderful. We will be traveling to visit our sons so I am holding myself back from going crazy decorating this year. I miss the house being all decked out!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom to the Blues BrothersDecember 5, 2011 at 4:28 AM

    I have enjoyed watching Annie & her kittens since the day you brought them home, watched Annie wean them, and now it seems she's bonded with Audrey. So beautiful. If I didn't have a dominant man-cat I'd take them home with me. Annie is beautiful inside and out. Best of luck finding them a home together.
    Potential adopters take notice:It's nicer to have 2 cats for each others' company, and for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cross my fingers that you find a home for them ,so they can stay together
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I pray they will stay together. After their terrible experience, they will be loosing the only loving home they have ever known. To suffer yet another loss, the loss of each other, would truly be tragic.
    They are really so beautiful together. And Annie's eyes! Deep, thoughtful, full of understanding. An old soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at that photo I don't know how someone could separate them! Praying they find a new home together. So glad your daughter will be home soon, I know you are ready! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my prayers for a home that will keep mama and baby together.

    Your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete