Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

flat-out

I missed my maniacal kitty tonight. Instead of happily chasing the mouse across the screen she was slumped across my arm and feeling rather poorly. I was not surprised to see her react like this to her booster.
Poor little Audrey. She needed to be comforted, cuddled &cared for tonight. I hate what these vaccines do to kittens. She is listless, warm to the touch & flat-out. I'm glad I was home tonight to keep watch over her.
After being vaccinated, a kitten can experience all these side-effects. It is likely that she won't eat or drink much tonight. I will tempt her soon with some soft food with warm water added to hydrate her. Getting water into her is important.
So tonight I am on 'mom duty' while the real mom, one of the most renowned opera singers of the 20th century, roams the halls.

hugs, Deb

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor Audrey. I know those shots are so hard on them. Glad you can comfort her while the Opera Diva sings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky kitty to have such a loving mom as you.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when my babies aren't feeling well. I'm sure that she will snap out of it soon and be back to her regular antics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - poor baby. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll start feeling better. I've never had a kitty that reacted to shots before. So sorry she has to go thru that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that sweet girl is feeling better today. She's a lucky kitty to have loving arms hold her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please give Audrey kisses and hugs for us. Her poor kitty mum is unfortunately heeding nature's call. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete