Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

A tinge of blue

Well, the sun may have been shining bright yesterday on our walk but that wind was whipping around and felt like a hot poker in your face. That description always makes the retired-guy laugh.

On return, once my face thawed, I tried a new tea that I received as a gift from the kids. Vanilla Chai....oh my! It's made by London House and it's good.
It tasted even better in one of my favorite tea-cups and a bit of honey added.

I took these photos during the 'blue hour'. From what I can tell from other blogs,  it is the period of twilight  when there is neither full daylight or complete darkness. Your photos actually take on a blue tinge.
So here are a few of my step-back cupboard during the blue hour. Normally, the doors are kept closed because of the cats.
I've added a few bunnies.
Isn't she the cutest? Look at her big clodhoppers.
I love her little dress and jacket, too.
That Audrey...I asked her today what her favorite colour is.
She gave me her look and said "Purrrrrrple, what else."  

"Duh!"
Tea needs something with it, right?
But sometimes it's good to run out of cookies.


hugs, Deb

18 comments:

  1. Audrey is a such a sweetie =)
    Tea and chocolate.
    I could so do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. If you ever decide to build, be sure to ask everyone you know what they'd do different. Right now, I would say I would have spent the money on the plastic tubs and forgot about the cardboard boxes. I'll explain later...in another post. Life is crazy hectic right now because we are living in one room in our basement and trying to get our house in town all ready to sell. It looks like we have a bit in common. I'm actually in the process of moving stuff out of the cardboard boxes and into the plastic bins. I had no idea I had so many teacups and teapots! And I see on your sidebar a picture of Tasha Tudor...I saw her at the Cincinnati Flower Show. Got an autograph even. She was a very eccentric person. Well, I best get back to my blog...thanks for visiting.
    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purrrrrrrple .... I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel better just for coming here, tea and chocolate, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of the sugar lumps in the glass jar, reminds me of my Nan, whe always had sugar lumps.
    we just took a short walk today, like you the wind was stinging and bitter cold.
    Still, managed to make another bunny.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cats would just love to get in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo's of your cupboard Deb. I enjoyed seeing what is inside!!

    Have a lovely new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  8. CHOCOLATE! You lost me. I'm at work and dying for some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate ! My mom need a BOX of chocolate...she is a chocolate junkie...tee..heh
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rabbit is so cute. What is it about tea ....you have to have something with it ...my Mum actually could not drink a cup with out a biscuit or two.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty bunnies and dishes . Lovely photos of them to oh and of course Miss kitty . I love tea with honey in it . I find tea goes with just about anything on the side lol ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love chai tea! SO yummy. One of my favorites for sure. The bunnies are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing wrong with tea and chocolate. That's for sure! :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chocolate goes with everything! My Kelly loved Chai tea, but I'm an Irish Breakfast tea lover. Warm hugs, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love watching your decorating Deb. We don't decorate for spring or for Easter in NZ, so we love all of your bits and pieces. People only decorate their houses for Christmas.

    Julie and poppy q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete