Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hugo

We have 6 grand-kitties. All three of our children have two cats each.
I'm feeling a bit like a heel this morning. Grand-kitty Hugo needed to be dropped off at the vet clinic to have some teeth removed.
 Geesh, I hated to leave him but he is a good boy and seemed not too stressed when we left. I still hate to walk away. He is 11 years old now and because of his diabetes he is a little more fragile.
He loves to visit and lie on the bed.

 Other than his teeth issues, he is doing well with only one injection daily of insulin. His weight is perfect and he is a happy cat. Hope by now he is conked right out and it will soon be all over. I know he will be a pampered pussy-cat when he gets home tonight. Ruby will be glad to have him home.

He'll be enjoying some beef and chicken baby food for a few days. He'll love that.

"Happy First Day of Spring, everyone."
hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. Life is always a bit tougher for our diabetic guys,but they never complain...bless 'em.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful thing about cats, they never complain no matter how ill they are. They are truly amazing creatures and that is why I love them so much.
    It's always horrible leaving them at the vets and I count the time until we can go and pick them up again.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Hugo ,i hope he will be ok in a few days.I have 10 grand-kitties and love al of them dearly
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated dropping Bailey off for dental work too! It made me feel like I was abandoning him:-( Hugo is a sweetheart and I know he'll back to himself in a few days. Happy Spring too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have two grand-kitties that live with us! Very spoiled. Happy first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugo is such a handsome boy! It's so hard to drop them off at the vet for procedures. With any luck he'll recover quickly and be back to normal in no time.

    Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handsome Hugo ! I don't like leaving my girls at the vets for anything either ! Hope he recovers well ! Lovely photos . Happy First Day of Spring to you and your clan !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Spring! I adore Riley's photo over there! She could be in movies.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugo looks utterly relaxed. I hope he'll be better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugo does look like a very easy going guy! Hope all went well!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Hugo, I know just how you feel. I hate when I have to leave my cats for dental cleanings or tooth extractions. Manny Boy is due for a teeth cleaning but I've been putting it off. He told me he does not want to go and I should save my money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cat. Hope he is feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete