Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hop over for a visit.

This time last year we were walking around in sandals. Yesterday I walked the dog with my coat done up to my chin, winter gloves and my heavy boots. So, with that, it is hard to think Spring. Today it is over-cast and more snow in the forecast.
                                        "I'll just wait here for a sun-puddle."
Sierra


I'd like to send you over to another blog today.  Elizabeth has a beautiful blog and if you are thinking of dressing up your table for Easter you may find some wonderful ideas here http://pineconesandacorn.blogspot.ca/  I know I did. While you are there, look around. You'll soon be hungry.  Enjoy.

Cat-tip-of-the-day=^..^=dangerous toys.
This little ball that is made of hard plastic with a teeny bell inside is something that should be banned from pet stores. The plastic is easily crushed and once the bell is available it can be swallowed. When I see them on shelves it makes me angry and I have mentioned this to store owners but I'm sure that is as far as it goes.
I noticed they are sold mostly in Christmas stocking for cats which are usually loaded with cheap cat nip, inappropriate toys and a can of cheap food. You'll find them at Walmart, Giant Tiger and all pet stores. These are a big money maker for companies and not one item in them is good for your cat.
Please stay clear of these toys.

I'm off to kitty-sit and today I am trimming nails. Lord...have mercy.


hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. It's good that you mention the dangers of a toy such as that ball-and-bell on your blog. Most pet-shop owners don't really care about what they sell. They are, unfortunately, like bookshop owners who don't read much: they're in it for the money. The conscientious ones wouldn't have a toy like that for sale in the first place. But thank you for pointing out hazards like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Store selling inappropriate cat toys annoys me too. I would say that 80% of toys available in certain stores have a choking hazard. Aaarrgh!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more Deb on the balls, we've had them in the past and although they love them, they are easily trodden on and crushed.
    Thanks so much for the tip on Spiralina, I have just ordered some and will start him on it as soon as it arrives.
    I wonder if I could do this one day and yeast another do you think?
    It has turned really cold her again and we are so fed up with the weather, I am getting to long for the sunshine.
    Keep warm.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why you couldn't. Give it a go. I am so tired too of this winter weather. Just back from walking the dog and my face is frozen.

      Delete
  4. If I had a kitty, I would really appreciate this! Guess what? I received a hug from you yesterday via Linda from A La Carte! We had such a nice time and we both agreed what a sweetie you are! :)
    Shelia :)






































    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb,
    Spring is certainly taking its good ole time getting here on the coast too! Maybe it will come along soon.
    My kitties have been busy chasing sun puddles too. They've been hard to find lately.

    I'm so glad that you mentioned those toys. I would never give my kitties anything like that ball and bell, nor would I give them those bundled toys like Walmart and those place sell. They should be banned.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb,
    Thanks for the tip! I just through a similar toy out and will make sure we don't get anymore of them. I so enjoy your blog and keeping up to date on the adventures of everyone! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little plastic lattice work ball with the bells are the toys my gang likes the best. I don't allow them in house usually but occasionally someone will give us one and I allow them to play with it under strict supervision and then discard it. I wish they wouldn't make those things.
    The closest thing I allow them is a handmade toy that I was told was designed for ferrets. It is a plastic Easter egg with a ping pong ball inside and an openwork crocheted cover so the egg can't be opened. Hard plastic that could shatter if broken doesn't thrill me but with supervision it seems ok?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good advice! I try to buy toys that are safe for the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link to Elizabeth's blog.

    I'm with Sierra. Sun puddles are much called for....

    ReplyDelete