Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Well-worn Path

I spent a good part of the day in the yard filling pots and moving flowers around. The sun was warm today when it wasn't over-cast. I finally filled in a pot that needed a home in the corner of my front porch. I was enjoying the moment but felt uneasy about something..almost like someone was watching me. Then I found this little one amongst the ferns.

She's never far away, that Lily. Off to kitty-sit my two little wandering felines. This is their path to wonderland. No doubt if I was a cat I would be heading this direction too. Next stop, little smudge-nose Dominique. She'll be waiting on her favorite chair for me with the familiar look of disinterest. I know what she's thinking though....."finally, my treats"

"A group of kittens can be called a litter or a kindle of kittens. And a group of  feral cats (living in the wild) is called a clowder of cats. There, you may have just learned something new today :)."

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful garden for the kitties, and the Humans, too. Love the peekaboo picture.
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Terrific peek-a-boo shot and that garden is so lovely. :-)

    Happy weekend! Hope you are germ-free now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idillic.. Thats a lovely way to spend a day.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a little repotting today myself. Charlie wasn't hiding he was right there on the screen porch as always giving me his two cents worth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily is a beautiful sweetheart, keeping watch over her Mommy in the garden!...The garden is really gorgeous, love the pathway...Kisses to all your sweet babies, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb! That Lily is a sweetie! And what a lovely garden! Mine come outside for a little romp with me while I have my coffee on the patio. But...we can't stay long because of the chipmunk. I don't want to watch him get eaten! Yikes! Happy weekend!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garden is fantastic! We love your pictures. Lily is sooo cute peering through the ferns!
    And little Dominique looks very cute there too!
    Purrrs, Keiko, Kenji & Pricilla

    ReplyDelete