Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Cat-nanny is dog-tired but relieved about the ferals.

Last night I said a prayer for these ferals and I do believe He was listening.  This morning I put food out for the ferals but I did not see them as they were most-likely in the shed. Tonight, I walked by the building again with the dog and there was a woman standing there. She told me she had been feeding these cats ever since they were born. Last night when I came with food I must have been ahead of her and that is why they were so hungry.  Her intention is to befriend these cats and get them fixed. She said she is making progress with the kittens but the mom is very scared. The conversation went on but to put it in a nut-shell, the homeless cats are being taken good care of. I have offered to help her spay the females and I will also drop food off .  There are two pure white and one orange & the mother is white and the father (yep, he's hanging around), is a calico. I will keep you posted on the progress of this difficult task of TNR (trap, neuter and release). The shelter is FULL so no other choice. An 'ear-nip', a small slice off the top of the ear, is the international symbol for a feral cat that has been sterilized.  

Talk about the other end of the spectrum - These two ladies are Emmi & Didi and they live in the lap of luxury. Can you tell?


Max had mouse-breath today.

Stay tuned for home-made cookies 'cause this girl has a craving.

4 comments:

  1. Ewwwwwwwww Mouse Breath! LOL....I am so relieved to hear the feral's are being fed! Hope they can be spayed/neutered. You have such a generous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the ferals have another angel watching over them as well as you, Deb...Emmi and Didi are beautiful girls and Max has such a sweet face!...All of these animals are so lucky to have you in their lives... Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Goddess Bast was listening! :-)

    This is terrific, I'm so glad there is someone who has been caring for them. I have hope she'll be able to trap them--maybe the babies can be fostered and socialized if this woman has connections to foster moms (apart from local shelters). If not, at least they wouldn't be increasing the cat population; TNR is a good second option. And how truly wonderful you've offered to help have them altered, Deb. Bless you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never hesard that before about the ear-nip, thanks. Amazing what you stumble across on the web :-)

    ReplyDelete