Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Starting an in-home cat-sitting service in your area.

I walked by the building where the little ferals are that I posted about last week and this little curious one peeked out to watch me. I left her some food although I know they are being well fed but it doesn't hurt to have a before-bed snack.
That was last night......tonight when I walked by the little orange one was in full view so I grabbed my camera from my pocket and got all ready to snap and..........battery dead. Tut..tut, not well prepared now am I? He was so sweet and cocked his head to watch me and of course I had a can of soft food for him so I left it in the bowl that sits at the side of the building and left him in peace to enjoy. Maybe better luck tomorrow night.

Mr. Ed enjoying the sunbeam


I need tea.


A little more on starting an In-home Cat-sitting Service:  Before applying for a small-business license you have to be sure that there is a need for this type of service in your area. Create a small brochure and leave them at your local pet stores and animal hospitals. You may want to actually try this out for awhile to be sure that it is right for you.  On the brochure have your business name, a little about you, what your service offers, your rates and your phone-number and email address. If you have put together a website all the better. You may want to pop your brochure in local mailboxes and especially where you know there are cats.
When you are to meet the new client you would set up a time to drop in to their home and meet them and their cat/cats. It is important that you feel comfortable with the client and that you leave a good impression with them. Your love of cats will shine through so just relax and be yourself. Write down the dates that your service is needed and have the owner give you a key. I always want a list of phone #'s, vet's #, emergency # & be informed if anyone else will be dropping in to the house. It is best to have 2 keys so that one is left at home and one is with you while you cat-sit. Have a monthly planner at home to keep track of your cat-sitting jobs and keep a book with you.

More tomorrow......=^..^=

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Oh, you are just so wonderful to these little cats!
    I've finally got up your Bathroom Snap - come see!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Deb,

    Thanks for following my blog :)
    I hope you get some pictures of the little orange kitty soon as we would love to see him.
    And what a lovely photo of Mr. Ed sitting in the sun.

    Keep up the good work with the cat sitting :)

    Maya and Harley xx

    ReplyDelete