Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday + Cat-tip for the Day=^..^=Keeping a Routine for Older Cats


It has been my experience to live with many older, senior cats and know that consistency is very important in their lives. I have some cats that grew up with my family and others that were adopted as seniors from shelters. I know for a fact that they are happiest when their beds are not moved here and there, their meals appear at a scheduled time each day and that they are given equal attention and grooming daily. My two Siamese are now in their 20's and seem to be happy, healthy cats. I do give each of my cats a 'once-over' with my hands each day to check for any lumps or changes in their bodies and I also check their teeth (if they let me in there) with a small light. I leave a window open near where they sleep so they receive fresh air each day. They do have a check-up yearly and more often if there are any concerns. My vet loves my Ginny and says she is the oldest cat right now in her practice. That makes her SPECIAL to Dr. Ann & her staff and at home she is the Queen of her Domain.

5 comments:

  1. You are such a good person and you have the company of sweet angels! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lovely post (and helpful to somebody like me who's new to the wonderful world of kitties). I love, love, love the picture too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that treatment is probably true with all older animals. I have lots of senior animals and they do take extra care but it sure is worth it. I love my older guys. This was a very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your babies are all very lucky to have such a conscientious Mom to care for them...Kane sure is a gorgeous puppy...Hope you have a great day, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful post! Kane is soo cute. All your kitties and Kane must be so happy to have such a loving family who looks after them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete