Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cool cat toy & a favorite photo

The above toy is called a 'Peek a prize toy box' for your in-door cat. I found this on-line and thought it looked like a great addition to any cats' toy box. Cat treats can also be in amongst the toys to keep the somewhat bored indoor cat busy for an hour.

I did find a video that showed cats playing with a home-made version of this box. Looks easy enough if you can find the right shaped box. Why not try it?

I've been going through some of my old photos again.
This photo is of my grandmother, mother and her two sisters, Vera and Frances.
 My mom is the far right.
Frances, Mary, Vera & Edna
 It was most likely taken at a party or before church because of their dress. Usually, we were all together at the farm and looked much more casually dressed there. At least no one wore pearls. ;)  I love the look on my grandmothers' face in this photo. She was such a kind woman and I learned a lot from her. She was very much loved by all her grandchildren. The little frame was purchased at The Tin Market in Almonte last week. http://tinbarnmarket.com/ It's always been a favorite photo of mine and now I can show it off.

Audrey wants to show you something, too.
It's her new mouse and she loves it.
Which means she will shred it to bits.
Poor mouse.
"Here, mousie, mousie."
The sun is shining and I'm off to cat-sit one of my most favorite little kitty-clients and then company for dinner.

Do you have a love of log homes like I do?
I'm sending you over to visit Dawn at http://www.creativecaincabin.com/
You will love her way of  'Springing up'  her home.
Have a nice, peaceful Sunday.
Hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. Cool toy. I may have to look for one. I put some toys in an empty kleenex box. Cassie and Mina enjoyed pulling out toys for a few days. Recently, I've been the one pulling toys from the empty box! Love the photo. Reminds me of my Gran -- clothing, too. Hugs to all ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo! Love that you found a cool frame for it!
    hugs,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific photo of your mom and the family!

    And yes... the mouse shall be destroyed anon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely old photo's. That toy looks a lot of fun and mum will look that out. The best is that last photo. Just gorgeous.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,

    The photo of the women in your family is so charming! As much as photography has progressed, there's nothing like old, black and white photos of loved ones to rekindle fond memories of times gone by.

    Poppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter lives in a log home on several acres. It's a two story one that the previous owner built himself. I will check out the site you mentioned.

    Audrey looks like she's saying, " she's got that camera again..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo, family photos are real treasures. I do love that frame, it's so cute.

    Audreys mouse looks more durable then "mousy" that I made the Boo out of turquoise felt..it lasted about 3 days. He adored it, and ended up shredding it to pieces. It was so cute, turquoise, and hot pink...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. That toy is so cool--my kitties would just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That does indeed look like a very fun kitty toy!
    I know Banjo's toy box is full but he always likes a new mouse every once in awhile too! :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely old photos are!! especially the one of the people we love...the ladies look so elegant I can feel they felt happy together.
    What a cutie mousie! in one of the photos it looks like a fish! in any case it will end in Audrey´s wild paws...poor darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you're
    using? I'm experiencing some small security issues with my latest website and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any solutions?

    Here is my web-site :: hip to waist ratio

    ReplyDelete