Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

More on the old coop

Thank you all for such nice comments about Cali. It's wonderful to know that so many others understand the feeling of loss when a beloved pet passes on. It really is very comforting.

We were back at the property today with some house-building appointments.
This is the old chicken coop on the land.
What a disaster, I know.
It housed many chickens including banty hens years back.
They weren't a breed of hen but just a smaller hen that laid eggs about 2/3 the size of a normal chicken egg.
I used to love those little hens when I was a kid. I think I had them all named.
The old coop is in rough shape and there is growth around it that I don't even recognize. It hasn't housed chickens now for over 40 years.  If it can be restored, I plan to keep it and turn it into a potting shed.
                                                             That's not a ghost.
          
There is lots of cleaning up to do on this property. Kane is a wonderful help when it comes to clearing some brush and twigs.
He's never far from the retired-guy.
There is no end to the clean-up after a long winter.
Looks like I found something that should tickle Audrey's fancy.
hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. I love the old chicken coop. I hope you do make it into a potting shed someday! And won't AA have fun with that feather! Enjoy these lovely days.
    Love,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. TUrkey feather! :) I love your old coop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see lots of possibilities for the old chicken coop. Love old out buildings like this.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That old coop is a photographers dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... what an amazing place... Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great old coop. Looks like a nice day for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old buildings. Overgrown ruins always look mysterious and are redolent of memories. Nothing is better than being able to restore an old, abandoned building.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look like it has potential.

    ReplyDelete