Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Natural Flea Control

Looks like Audrey exhausted her momma.
They do play very hard sometimes. It always ends with Audrey getting bit in the a** by her momma but she is very forgiving and will soon want to cuddle.
Momma & Baby Bear
There will always be a special bond between a mother cat and her off-spring even though, in this case, there are times when I do question it. 

Sierra on the cat tree.

Cat-tip-for-the-day=^..^=Natural Flea Control


Brewers Yeast has been known to help in controlling fleas on your cat. You can sprinkle some on their food or give them tablets daily. Start by adding just a bit to their soft food and let the cat slowly get used to the taste. It promotes healthy skin and a more luxurious coat.

Speak to your veterinarian about natural flea control for your cat.

Combing your cat daily with a flea comb (found at all pet stores) will also help you to stay on top of a flea infestation. Check the comb for fleas and flea eggs after each combing. If the comb is clean after each stroke, your cat is flea-free.

hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. Look at those fur babes -- so sweet and innocent (even Audrey)! Down here we have to treat for fleas and mosquitoes. 23% of cats have heartworm here .. we all smell like lavender -- !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to know natural ways. That silly Audrey!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter swears by food grade diatomaceous earth, given every day in food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet photo of mother and daughter.

    Poor Poppy Q has a terrible time with fleas. We hate using Frontline, as Poppy Q would run away and hide outside for hours after giving it, and then often the fleas were stubborn and would stay. We have switched to Revolution, and she only runs outside for 10 minutes, then she is quite happy. Her fur looks nice after giving it.

    We thought that she didn't have fleas at first, but a good close comb over a white bench will soon tell if there are any fleas there.

    Julie and poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot all about using brewers yeast. It might be best to start adding it as a precaution. Utah goes outside and he could easily pick fleas up. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wondered about brewers yeast if it really works. I use Frontline and with multiple pets it is expensive. Also who knows how harmful it might be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up on Brewers Yeast. I'll give that a try. Like you I use the flea comb on my cats. I won't put chemicals on them. I fill a bowl with hot water and add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to it. Then I dip the flea comb in it and then combs the cat's fur. If I find any fleas on the comb it goes straight into the hot water again where the tea tree oil kills them off.

    I've been doing this for a few years now and my cats are fine with it. Cheaper than Frontline etc and much safer.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos! I'm so glad I finally got to meet all the kitties (and you!)

    THanks for the Brewers yesat tip too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love to see cats cuddle! Seems my two aren't there yet but the age difference is quite large also.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete