Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Random 5 Friday

You're never alone when you fold laundry around here. This towel will be heading back to the wash pile since Audrey has spent the last little while chewing on it and kicking the day-lights out of it.

When you come to stay at my place you have to give fair warning so I can purchase some new ones.

I have never met a cat that hates the camera as much as her. It's been given a few karate chops so best I put it away now. Dufus!

Annie will have her dining-room window back today. The window-sills are freshly varnished and they look great.  We went a bit darker with the varnish but I like it.


It's the weekend and for me that means more cat-sitting. I have tabbies & calicos to pamper for a week and that's just fine with me. Two tabby boys and two calico girls. Remember, a male calico is a very rare thing. They come with a huge price-tag.

More snow?

 We woke to freezing rain and snow, again. It's so nasty out there. The retired-guy started his morning texting our kids to be sure they all made it to work safely. Now I have to hit the road.

It warms my heart to see how cozy these two are on this miserable morning.

  Ed & Lily by the fire.


We have been blessed with a new child in our family. Our niece has had her first baby, a beautiful, healthy boy. Congratulations Adam & Hayley. 

I'm joining Random Friday at http://www.aruraljournal.com/

I SEEM TO BE HAVING AN ISSUE WITH MY PHOTOS NOT SHOWING UP. I USE PHOTOBUCKET SO IF YOU CAN'T SEE THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I CAN CONTACT THEM. THANKS.

hugs, Deb

29 comments:

  1. The problem may be on my side although I can 'read' your post just fine... but no pics are coming through???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, my Charlie thinks I fold clean towels just for him to 'perch' on...cats! :) Congrats to your niece! New babies are always so exciting!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Towels with fur and cat spit are the norm around here! Or would that be the "nom"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No photos for me either, same yesterday. Your kitties add great joy to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being the Mom to a wonderful boy, Simon, I love your blog.....My Simon is a Russian Blue that does like the camera...He will pose and pose for me until it gets comical.

    I do wish you lived closer to me as I would love having you for a sitter for Simon when we have to travel.....

    Loving all your stories about your beautiful feline friends...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i hope you get springy weather soon. looks chilly there. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. no photos boo hoo

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your little niece! Hope the weather will get warmer soon!

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new addition to your family! :)

    Cats are beautiful creatures. My husband and i have four. Two of them calico girls. I know the males are very rare, and i've never met one in person, but would love to someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no photos (except for Audrey and the towel)! Congratulations to Adam and Haley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm seeing the pics fine.

    Congratulations to Hayley and Adam!

    And the kitties look much too cute for their own good...

    ReplyDelete
  12. And is this Old Man Winter's curtain call? Or will he be coming back out on stage another three times?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures of beautiful cats but Audrey is my favorite * smiles *. Congratulations on your new grandchild and you get to have a nice weekend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your niece on the new arrival! How exciting! Sorry you got more snow but looks like it made for perfect cuddling weather for Ed & Lily. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry - I can't see any of the photos. Wrap up warm - here we have the opposite problem with a drought over all of our North Island. Your snow would be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't see your photos either -- but love your descriptions. Your grand-daughter Riley in the sidebar is an angel. Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your cat pics! They are all so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ja,ja naughty Audrey! cats love resting on the laundry: towels and sheets are never safe! At this very moment I´m ironing and one of my cats has put his beautiful bottom on the sheets folded and perfumed! Peque!!!!! go away!!!
    Annie you are a sleeping sweetie ♥ and Lily and Ed are a bunch of love! I hope snowy rainy days go away soon!
    Congrats on this new little baby, surely it´s a blesssing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm seeing all your photos fine!!
    So, will we get to meet all the kitties next week? :))

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are all here waiting to meet you.

      Delete
  20. No photos for us either Deb. Enjoy your weekend, and we hope the snow melts away soon.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love, love, love your kitty photos! I have two cats, and my husband and I consider them our babies. :-) Our Chase Bird is difficult to photograph because he likes to come right up to the camera and peer in! Samanthan just ignores me. I can shoot dozens of photos to just a few good ones.

    I wish we had someone like you nearby to take care of our kitties when we go out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah yes I just love it when they 'help' with the washing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love reading about all the wonderful kitties, but I can't see their photos. Rats!

    ReplyDelete