Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Walking off breakfast & a favorite thing

I'm just lovin' my new gravy boat from Ronna http://ronnas.blogspot.ca/who visited along with Natalie http://knatolee.blogspot.ca/on Wednesday. It's gorgeous on both sides.  Someone suggested I  use it for maple syrup with our pancake breakfasts. How Canadian is that! Yep, I love that idea.


Isn't it the cutest thing? It's fast becoming one of my favorite things.

I love this shot of Natalie and Ronna at the Falls in Almonte.
(snap..snap..snap)
You can read about our get-together in the previous post.

Today, after breakfast-out with Riley, we headed over to St. James Cemetery to let Kane have a good run about. If interested, you can read about the old cemetery here.http://www.stjamescarletonplace.org/cemetery.htm
"Look Gramps..an acorn."
"Now, where did that crazy old dog go?"


Let's walk off our breakfast.
Riley's on a mission.
Looks like the cemetery is about to get bigger.
"C'mon Kanie."

It's a beautiful piece of property and a great place to run a dog just before he goes to the vet for his check-up. ;-) 
Nothing to worry about. He's just getting old and I can relate.

Please drop over to http://theteacherspets.blogspot.ca/ to read a very heart-warming post.

It's a weekend of cat-sitting for me. Have a nice one and I will leave you with this...

hugs, Deb


I'm joining A Favorite Thing at http://mockingbirdhillcottage.com/

13 comments:

  1. Lovely photos ! Miggs and I love going for long walks ! Thanks for sharing with us. It has turned cold and windy here spring is really wonky this year ! Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley is growing up so fast! What a pretty girl! It is fun to share her story through your blog!
    Hope Kane's appointment went great!
    Love to all,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for directing us to the story of the comfort dogs. If I had been traumatised in such a horrific situation I know I'd be so happy to have the chance to hug and talk to those wonderful dogs. Sometimes you can only let it out to a furry counsellor. Glad you had good weather for your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely walk and fun gravy boat. Cute pic of the kitty in the mug!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb
    I think you might like this link,
    http://www.dawnmariehoward.com/2013/04/kitties.html
    It's 5 kittens just been born.
    Briony
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use it for maple syrup!!!

    Love the pic of us taking pics, too. :)

    And Riley and Kane are both adorable.

    Hope you all have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb I love that gravy boat! It is always wonderful how friends can give just the right gifts. That Riley and Kane make me smile!
    Happy Weekend!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet granddaughter you have Deb! The gravy boat looks fun :-)

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gravy boats are so gorgeous with that sweety cats on them. They are decorative and useful too!Roona is an artist!
    I love your walkings in the old cementery with Riley and Kane♥ it is such a peaceful place and also ideal to find acorns hidden under the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear Riley is growing very quickly! Love your gravy boat, what a lovely gift!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a super cute gravy boat!
    Your little Riley is a sweetie.
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure Kane appreciates being able to stroll through a cemetery...

    That cup kitty is far too cute.

    ReplyDelete