Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A good cookie and kitties, too



One of my favorite treats to go with tea is this Applesauce Oatmeal Cookie. I have posted this recipe before but thought I would do all my new followers a favor. You must try this cookie if you like a  spicy, soft type with  nut-crunch taste.                                                                     Try to eat just one :).
Here goes...
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp powdered cloves
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup walnuts (or raisons)

Measure together first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, mix together butter, sugar and egg.
In another bowl, combine sauce and soda.
Blend into creamed mixture alternating with dry mixture. Fold in oats and nuts or raisons.
Spoon onto cookie sheet (I use parchment paper) Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
I think you will love these. 

It was so nice to get out with the dog yesterday and have a long walk. It was the first day in a week that the temperature was above freezing and the sun shone in your face. Loved It. Kane loved it.

I have a busy week ahead with 'house stuff' and cat-sitting. Tuxedos and Tabbies will fill my week.
One of the sweetest, most shy little cats that I know and love is Lola.


One of the silliest, most rambuncious and bold little cats that I know and love is Otis.




Rosie is upstairs eating and 'vants to be alone' so I'll get her photo next time. Caring for them was a great way to start my day.

Yes, the sun is shining again and the winds have calmed. The ferals were given soft food with their kibble last night but not one showed up while I was there. I know tonight the food will have disappeared but who and what is eating it? Tracks of birds, rabbits, cats, skunks and so on will be there. It's winter and everything is hungry.

hugs, Deb

17 comments:

  1. The cookies look good and lovely cat pictures.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look delicious Deb! Thank you for the recipe. Wishing you a happy new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies look great and I have some apples that are begging to be cooked. I'll have to make some applesauce and try your recipe this week. Thanks, J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good grief, now I have to bake these cookies, they look so wonderful, and must smell delightful as they are baking. Thanks for the recipe.
    These photos are great, I love the one of the kitty peeking out from behind the tower.
    I guess skunks have to eat, too, bless there little stinky selves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite cat plate. So too are are the kitty sitee's. The little shy angel will come to love her sitter. Have you ever had one that didn't?

    Trying so hard to jump start my post Christmas diet with no luck. And now this magnificent cookie recipe. I can resist many foods but never a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola looks like my Clyde. I guess I'll never stop missing him, though it's been about a year and a half since I saw him. You know, you should try decoupaging photos of your cats (and client's cats) on clear plates. It would be a fantastic collection of the cats you love and you could make a major art wall with them.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUMMY ! Those cookies sound good ! Pretty kitties ! We are waiting for the big storm of snow,rain and freezing rain to hit later this evening ! Thanks for sharing and have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lola and Otis look like wonderful cats. Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy cookies!
    I just want to give Otis a ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  10. All Tuxie Kitties look lovely. And I'm sure they will keep you entertain...tee..heh...heh
    Mom said thanks for the cookie's recipe
    Have a wonderful day
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I never thought of calling them Tuxies...I'm going to try it out on Bootsie tonight.

    Glad to hear it's warming up slightly...that's too cold.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the recipe. My grandson and I were skyping today and he was pretending to bake me some apple cookies; I should make these and send him some, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies look good and the recipe sounds very healthy! I will have to give them a try.
    Wishing you a wonderful week Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't begin to tell you how much it adds to the day, looking at your beautiful photos of the cats....so very touching and beautiful. The cookies sound delish, especially with that hot cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Those cookies are 'to-die-for'!!! My husband adores apples, so will have to try them very soon. Thanks for the recipe.

    Lola is such a lovely long-haired tuxy. She reminds me of my "Dazzle" who is one of the ones who came before. And Otis appears to be playing hide and seek.

    There's always one in every crowd of kitties that's a little shy. So give Rosie some extra pats from us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cookies sound good!

    The kitties look sweet!

    ReplyDelete