Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Popscicle, anyone?

Today, it is the coldest day here in eight years. It's -30C with winds a howlin'  Your skin will freeze in 2 minutes, if exposed, so there is a whole new fashion craze in our parts.  it's called 'the bundled-up & can't breath' look.

My cat-sitting board is filling up, once again. People are heading south, if their job and pocket-book allows.

I woke to the retired-guy looking out our back deck door. "There was a cat under our deck and he just jumped the fence and headed up the street."
Why would anyone let their cat out in this weather? Now we will have to watch for it in case it is an abandoned one. "Long-haired grey and a big fella." That's all we have to go on.

This is a good day to stay in but I do have some cat-sitting so I'm heading out. I'll be back for a hot cup of tea soon.

The kitties are nestled around the wood-stove. All but Sierra.
She likes the laundry-area cat-bed 'cause it has a heating pad.
NOT MOVING ALL DAY.


Hope it's warmer in your parts.
hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. Just as cold here to ! It is snowing here now soo pretty ! . I see lots of cats here outside day and night, my in laws took a stray in their home a month ago and she is doing fine they named her Lucky ! Their second stray now the first is a pretty tabby they named Tiggy . This young one is a pretty 6 month old Calico ! Our Harley was a stray . Stay cozy and have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitterly cold today here. It's supposed to moderate some over the weekend. Just the sort of weather that you have to layer yourself for.

    Sierra looks content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that sounds cold. It is a balmy 19 degrees C here, a bit cloudy but we can hardly complain, as I have sandals and shorts on.

    Keep warm lovely friends.

    julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beyond any cold I have ever experienced! I hope you stayed warm as well as all the kitties! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Deb, please do stay safe! I am so very sorry it is so very cold there for you folks and the animals! I haven't ever been where it is that cold and it gets very cold here some years. Best wishes for all of your family and all in your care. I hope the kitty your husband saw comes back for a stay until the weather is better!
    Love and Prayers,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Deb that is so cold! I just can't imagine going out in that but I know you do and take care of all those sweet kitties. Mr Toes is doing better today and we are very optimistic he will be home soon.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still praying for him, Linda. Good news.

      Delete
  7. Hello Deb, Thanks for stopping by :)
    Yes, indeed it is horribly cold in our part of the U.S too. It is a very hard time for the strays, I have a couple I'm trying to help get through this awful cold. Ana still has her house outside so we have an outdoor heater pad in there, plus little knitted blankets ontop of the insulation padding that fits in the house, plus I try and place bubble wrap in between the house and insulation....... feed them and make sure they have water during the day at least. I just hate this cold for them....... Anyway,I hope the cat your husband saw will be alright, such a hard time for them.
    Audrey has grown into a real beauty :)
    Stay Warm~
    Hugs~
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll keep the possibly abandoned kitty in our prayers. We know he'll need them in this cold weather.
    Oh Deb, might he be your "Pierre"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your blue and white collections. I hope the kitty your husband saw is not abandoned. Good luck keeping an eye out for him.

    ReplyDelete