Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter winds and kitty in a window

We are deep in winter now. It is cold & damp and the little bit of sun is greatly welcomed.
Kane wears his coat and his collar is pulled up to wrap around his neck. I am dressed for this weather but still, the wind whips at your face. Our walks are a little shorter on days like today. A hot cup of tea for me and a cozy corner on the couch for Kane is very welcome when we return.

A 'cat-in-window' photo for you.
He looks quite content to be inside today.
Then off to cat-sit...

We have such a nice time together. She loves to be combed and I love to stroke her soft, white coat.
I can also get very lost in those beautiful blue eyes. Then off to work on one that is a little scared. Treats and a feather on a rope should do the trick.

Back home our two oldest cats, Mr. Ed & Lily sleep peacefully around the fire.
Ed is enjoying the long box I dug up for Audrey.
And where are the younger ones? They've chosen the round beds and the tomato box. That's right....she's in the little 'mouse bed' again.

Remember this?

She's such a drama queen.  



hugs,  Deb

15 comments:

  1. Cute photos ! Our Harley doesn't like cat beds she prefers the back of the couch and her scratch post bed or box as I call it and she never sleeps near the wood stove either she is a strange one likes to be on her own most of the time . It is cold , windy and gloomy here today a lazy day for us and the girls ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos, your cats look so comfortable and happy, and Audrey is such a character, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos :)
    I see that Audrey fitted int the bed today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybuddy looks very cosy all sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine how cozy the cats were in front of the fireplace on a cold day.

    My Mama was Canadian. She lived in Alberta Saskatchewan. She used to tell me stories of how cold Winters were there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww..Last photo made me giggle....tee..heh...heh...
    Kitties are always the best, Deb
    even they are sleeping, they can still make you smile : )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LET'S FACE IT, AUDREY IS A TAD BIT PERSONALITY DISORDERED. SHE KNOWS JUST HOW TO PUSH EVERYBODIES BUTTONS & FOLLOWS-UP WITH AN INNOCENT LOOK THAT SAYS "WHO ME?" EVEN HER OWN MOTHER CANNOT HELP BUT GIVE HER A STARE AS SHE NOTES THAT AUDREY HAS RETURNED TO THE "MOUSE BED". WHY JUST YESTERDAY SHE COULD BARELY TOLERATE THIS TINY (ONLY IN AUDREY'S MIND)BED THAT FORCED HER TO SLITHER 90% OF HER BEAUTIFUL SELF OUT ONTO THE FLOOR AS SHE ATTEMPTED TO GET COMFORTABLE.
    WHEN I WAS SMALL, MY FAVORITE FAIRY TALE WAS "THE PRINCESS & THE PEA". AURDEY IS JUST LIKE THE PRINCESS IN THE STORY - SO SENSITIVE & SPECIAL THAT EVEN AFTER MANY MATRESSES WERE PILED ON HER BED SHE WAS SURE SHE COULD STILL FEEL A PEA AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PILE MAKING HER UNABLE TO SLEEP. AS I RECALL, NO PEA COULD EVER BE FOUND, BUT THEY DIDN'T DARE TELL THE PRICESS THIS NEWS.
    AUDREY- YOU ARE SUCH A LOVABLE DINGBAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such darlings..... I could love every one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful white kitty with such blue eyes!!! Oh My! I hope we get to see her again!
    Thanks for a great post!
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snuggle kitties are the best on a cold, windy morning! =)
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy Lily is recovering from her illness! Thank goodness you are Audrey's Mom--can you imagine how nutty that little rascal would make a novice cat owner?

    Than again, it might be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lovely white kitty has a princess in a fairytale look about her. So, so lovely.
    Katnip Lounge makes a really good point about Audrey. We would probably hear the novice cat owner's hoop-jumping from here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a day to stay in!

    They all look so utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tremendous issues here. I am very satisfied to see your post.
    Thanks so much and I'm taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

    Also visit my weblog - diet plans that work
    My web page > diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete