Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Relaxing with 'white'

Everywhere I look I see the colour white. Yes, it is a colour and there are many shades of it, too.
We are blanketed in snow and the sun shines on it to make it look fresh. It is -17 today. It is cold as blazes out there and we are in for similar weather for at least 3 months. So we either hunker down or buy warm boots and get out there. I'll do the latter.

I have been cleaning up and bringing out the white dishes again. I think it calms me as I am a restless soul. I have to force myself to relax and stay focused on one thing. I guess you would say I am a multi-tasker. (At least that would be the nice way to put it.)


This little cup and saucer was beautifully gifted to me by one of my clients and her three cats, Otis, Rosie and Lola. How I love those cats. I love my tea-cup and it will fit in with all my other blue and white. I have so many new teas to try out.


The most beautiful of whites this morning is this little white face staring at me from a cat-bed warmed with a heating pad. Oh yes, they are spoiled around here. At almost 18 I would think she deserves a 5-star dwelling.

Off to cat-sit the last of the crew that have been under my care for weeks now.

I am looking forward to some quiet time so I can get back to my daily long walks. Then, it's on to planning a busy new year.
"Oh, oh...looks like someone is eyeing something. Must go.
I am joining Bernideen for Friends Sharing Tea at http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.ca/ and
Share your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.ca/


hugs, Deb

17 comments:

  1. Those white dishes are beautiful! I really like the blue and white also. That is a cute little white face :) Heating pads - great idea! My cats would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue and white dishes are gorgeous. I would not know how to cope in those low temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks so pretty . Love the kitties on the washer and drier so cute ! I don't mind bundling up and going for a walk in the cold with my Miggs it is nice to get some crisp fresh air ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling post - lovely white pieces and the blue dishes are yummy! Thanks for linking to Friends Sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb such pretty blue and white! Enjoy your tea and what a sweet girl that Lily is!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. White dishes are so pretty for winter and the blue and white add just enough color. Yours are so beautiful! Keep warm this winter and have a happy New year!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Pretty new teacup!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy Lily' s bed is next to Annie; that way she won't have to be alone since she's not cuddling with our Ed. And the heat is probably good for her; eases the elderly aches and reduces the metabolic demands of cold weather.
    Audrey? Eyeing something? Never!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So if I buy warmed cat beds mine will stop sleeping ON me on cold nights? Wow! That lovely blue willow teacup is a wonderful gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since you are so cold up there, I was wondering if you knew that when the temperature is minus twenty degrees or colder (F), if you take a coffee mug of boiling water outside and toss it into the air, that it makes a noise? I live in central NY State and have only been able to try it once in thirteen years. It worked but it was too cold to stand around and enjoy it! If you get the opportunity, give it a try! But you have to let us know about it! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I love that little white face, too. Our baby is very spoiled and has kitty heating pads year round. *sigh* It can't be helped! She is tiny and a "grey heat seeking kitty"... needs warmth!

    OH!!! I read your post somewhere on the blogs where you mentioned Natural Choice cat food. I was able to get two flavors locally and our baby loves it! I am thrilled!
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, so happy to have you join us at Share Your Cup. Love your beautiful blue and whites. Boy, I thought it was cold her at 21 degrees. Yes, I think those cats deserve a warm bed. Stay warm my friend. Now following you.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you at Share Your Cup later today.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Found you on Jann's site. I have a "little" problem with white ironstone ;) What a great place for your kitty's to stay warm in such cold weather! I'd like to join them! We lost all our beautiful snow today. Temps went to mid 50s in Ohio. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello my fellow cat lover friend!
    I just stopped by Jann's blog ("Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson) and saw her sweet feature of our blog. I am hopelessly in love with cats. Your darling felines are beautiful and they look so cozy in their beds. We had our Nicholas for a few months short of 20 years. I can't imagine life without our whiskered friends!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn >^^<

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings to you from a fellow restless soul. I found you through Jann's share your cup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am having trouble typing you a note. Just wanted to than you for sharing your whites and your cats. :) I love both. Kind regards...

    ReplyDelete