Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Always on the hunt

                                              Silverdale  Made in Hanley, England.
Being a tea-lover and enjoying the hunt for tea-related items,  I am looking for 3 things right now.
1. A tea-tray. I see them on blogs and I love the look of them. I'm sure they are handy, too.
2. A tea-cart. My dining-room is too small to add one in this house but I am looking forward now.
3. Tea-related prints. While browsing in antique shops, I always keep my eyes open for prints of Victorian tea-parties, dinner-parties in the earlier centuries (those are my favorite) and garden party prints.  They are not easy to find. I spotted a beautiful print on the wall in Bernideen's dining-room at http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.ca/. I'll have fun hunting for one like it.
I love this one because of the colour and texture and ordered it on ebay.  The fact that the two women don't seem all that interested in each other is beside the fact. I'll just think that one is reading to the other instead of the possibility that they may be sisters who ignore each other as best they can. If they lived in the 21st century I expect they would be texting at the table. lol

I guess you haven't seen these two munchkins for awhile.

I love how little Bradley is folding his hands. He's over 3 months old now.
I'm looking forward to breakfast out with Ry tomorrow.

It was fish and chip night tonight at St. James Gate and then a rather damp and cool walk with Kane. The snow is melting quickly here and I expect by the weekend we will be hearing about all the flooded basements. At least the freezing-cold temperatures have left and I have started feeding the ferals the soft food again. It has been stock-piling in the pantry and I know they could surely use it. I hope they are doing ok. 

I start cat-sitting cats I have not seen in a year soon. I hope they remember me.

hugs, Deb

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think I keep getting teacups because I enjoy THE hunt so very much! I like the tea print that you ordered. Stay warm.

    Hugs---

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tea cup, Deb. I do enjoy seeing what others have collected. Thanks for your comment today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Deb, I LOVE your teacup! You know if I wasn't collecting the red, I would definitely be collecting the blue; so pretty!
    I find your posts so fun to read and always enjoy my visits. As for the kitties, I'm sure they will remember you; you're unforgettable. Thanks for the smile and enjoy your outing tomorrow with Ry.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea to collect tea related prints! I am lost without a cuppa, and love old tea rooms with vintage china, home baked cakes and home made marmalade. Yum! That is delightful blue and white ..... tea trolleys are so useful, I too would like to use one and our cottage is too tiny. : ~ ( Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea print is lovely and far better than the texting that goes on now. I am hunting for a hutch which you recently went through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The print is charming. Love seeing the Grands, they are just getting cuter all the time!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun you are going to have hunting for all the right pieces for your new place! The baby is sure growing fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been hunting for a tea trolly forever! Good luck to you.
    Keeping the ferals in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey There. I found your weblog using mѕn. Thаt is a νегy ωell written artіcle.
    I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    my site premature ejaculation pills

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the admin of this web site is actually working hard in favor of his web page,
    because here every material is quality based data.


    my blog cheap party pills

    ReplyDelete