Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Good news on Lily

I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's celebrations. It was a no-fuss New Year's Eve for us. It was our choice to be home and just enjoy the quiet evening. My choice of drink was Kaluha and cream. 
I cared for a total of 10 kitty-clients during the day. It has certainly slowed down but I am bushed. I don't get tired from cat-sitting but this was a particularly busy season. The loss of Cali and the worry over Lily, on top of the business, has taken its' toll.
Lily is improving each day. Yesterday she ate on her own without any coaxing for the first time in 4 days. I felt such relief when she took that first bite. I stayed very quiet, not moving a muscle, and watched so not to take her interest from her food. I'd have to say, for Lily, she ate with 'gusto'.  
Last night she joined in to share a plate of salmon that I placed on the floor in the evening.
It was wonderful to see that. 
She also left her spot at the wood-stove to rest on top of the couch. 
This is so good as I am not ready to let her go. Nope, not my Lily. I need her to stay awhile longer.
Here's a photo of her taken last night and turned into a cartoon photo.
The retired-guy can do this with his phone.   

Lily
I found her joining the others early this morning. Still weak but doing so much better.

I bought Audrey a bag of kitty toys yesterday to keep her busy. She gets bored very easily and then all hell breaks loose around here. Nothing is safe. In a matter of 10 minutes,  she had batted every ball and mouse under a piece of furniture and then sat yelling for someone to come and retrieve it all. So much for keeping HER busy. I think I got more exercise than she did. That's not a bad thing though. Have you been eating too much sugar, too? I have been buzzin' for days. I am totally off it as of today. Too many shortbreads (thanks Sue from http://readymadecosmos.blogspot.ca/, that melt in your mouth, chocolate-covered everything in pretty boxes, date-squares from my sister and pumpkin pie...oh my! When will we learn? Now it's on to fruit and veggies for a month and back to the 5km walks daily. Can't wait.

hugs, Deb

22 comments:

  1. What great news to start the New Year! Three cheers for Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pic of all your pusscats together! Wish mine were more sociable. They're currently all sleeping in different rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news about Lily. Looks like she'll be all right! I remember the relief when our first cat, Moe, started eating again-he developed fatty liver disease but the vet force fed him for us and got him turned around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I'm glad to hear the good news about Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to hear that Lily is perking up...I missed the previous posts, and have read them all now. What a harrowing time, they just seem to get so sick, so quickly.

    She's in the best of hands, with a warm comfortable place to be, and well looked after.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    Paws and thumbs up for Lily...We are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful news about Lily; I know it takes a lot of stress off of you because of all the love you have for you kitties to know she's perking up again. I'm going to try to post some photos of Rosie soon. Like Audrey, she loves to play and we have found mice and balls all over the house. My hubby says a "hockey" game must have broken out (I think he's missing hockey!)
    Happy New Year to All, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, I am so glad that Lily is better! Audrey is quite the character, isn't she? She really makes you smile. :-)
    Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year! It will be fun to watch as you build your new home!
    xo Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beth. I'm looking forward to it, too. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  9. So happy that Lily is doing better! I must say that Audrey keeps you on your toes for sure! I'm ready to get off the sugar and back to healthy eating! Happy New Year!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! So glad to hear that Lily is doing better. I hope she keeps getting stronger and stronger each day. Cool cartoon photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing that Lily is better! The best news of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear Lily is doing better ! We have a mouse on a bouncy string hanging from the doorway in the spare bedroom for Harley and she loves to bat it around and jump at it and every time she does it gives a little soft squeak . Harley also loves her pull mice toys and her ball she can be quite the lazy girl at times and other times she runs a muck with her toys . Lovely photos ! Have a Happy New Year to you and your clan !

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are doing good Lilly : ) keep it up !
    And Deb, Happy New Year 2013 to You and your pawsmily
    May Every Single Day of Your New Year Glow With
    Pawsome Cheer, Excellent Healthy, & Happiness

    ❤ You always been loved by Me ❤
    xoxo

    Puddy Boy

    ReplyDelete
  14. PRECIOSOS LOS GATOS...
    TENGO 5 ESTOS DIAS UNO ESTA ENFERMO-
    ADORO A LOS ANIMALES.
    SALUDOS


    FELIZ AÑO!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to see so many signs that Lily is feeling better! Eating with gusto - for Lily! I loved to hear that! The cartoon "photo" is cool! Continued prayers for your sweet girl!
    And blessings, too, on all the others in your loving care. Audrey does gives smiles out like candy, huh! Funny!
    Love to you all and Happiest New Year,
    Lily, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks and praise to God. We will keep Lily in our prayers until she is all better. Happy New Years Day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that is good news....I'll tell my gang right now.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear that Lily is doing better.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad Lily is doing better. Such a worry! I was pretty good at Christmas and only had one day of treat indulgence. Oh that sugar detox is always a killer! LOL! Happy New Year Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great news Deb!!!

    And yes... we ate to much and exercised to little too those last days of the old and first few days of the new year.

    I don't dare to step on my bathroomscale...

    Love,

    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hooray for Lily! And that Audrey - sounds just like our 2 kittens - any toy that rolls disappears very quickly.

    ReplyDelete