Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

add a flower

It's time to pretty up the bathroom with a flower.
on my new white shelves. That's all it takes.

This one makes me smile every day
'cause that's  little Riley after her bath. Love..love..love this girl.

I also love this little lady.
Annie is weighing in at 7 lbs now so she still looks very thin. She was under 6 lbs. when I brought her here to care for her babies. She eats 3 sometimes 4 times a day and is on a Holistic Select and Natural Balance chicken soft and a dry called NOW. Her little body is still very thin but I am not worrying about that. She has been through a lot and in the last six months has been seized from a home of almost 30 animals that were abandoned, given birth to 3 kittens while full of parasites and infection, helped through her ordeal with our love and good nutrition and now recovering from her spay. That's too much for any cat.
I think it will take a long time for Annie to look like a pampered house cat. She is just over 1 year old. A mere kitten herself. One thing that has not changed and I hope never will is her beautiful personality and love of humans. Her chin acne is better and her stitches are all healed up. She just needs to gain some weight now.

Talk about a soft place to fall.
hugs, Deb

5 comments:

  1. I love a little flower in the bathroom...what a cute idea of a picture of the Grand out of the bath! That Annie is so sweet and I am so thankful she found you to help her through this really rough time. So nice to know she is doing well! hugs to you, Annie and all the furry Kitties (oh and Kane too :)...) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a sweetie. Glad her acne is getting better. Naomi has always been a little cat. She had a hard start to life, being dumped at our farm at six weeks of age, but at least she didn't have to deal with having a litter of kittens while still a baby herself. Annie has really flourished under your care. I know she will be fine. Sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute flower in the bathroom : )
    and I purrs for Sweet Annie to get FAT...MOL
    I'm kidding, Just gain weight.
    Purrs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that flower too..amazing how they can make us smile especially in the winter when all is asleep and then you get a burst of color..and those two all snuggled up together is priceless and precious..I am happy that they have you as their mama.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you did with your bathroom Deb! And the 'tinkle' blocks - adorable! Sending sweet Annie extra hugs!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete