Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

a spoonful of sugar

The recipe I posted 3 days ago, I am posting again. Where it says 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar change that to 1 1/2 if you like a little sweeter cookie. These are not sweet at all.

Everyone is enjoying the fresh flowers.
Even our man, Ed 
Annie does a double-take

Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies...mmmm


1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar or 1 1/2 for a little sweeter cookie
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 pure applesauce
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup raisons
1 cup walnuts



Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter cookie sheets
Cream butter, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy
Add eggs, vanilla and applesauce.
Mix remaining ingr. together in a large bow and gradually add to creamed mixture and beat until blended.
Spoon teaspoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheets
Bake for 10-12 minutes
Cool on rack.    Just try and only eat one.


Before I leave a client's home each day I write up a little report on how the cat was doing that day. Here is Indy on our last day together editing and verifying each daily comment I wrote. I'm going to miss this darling cat. She was a joy to care for. Never have I seen a cat enjoy being groomed like this gal.
I hope to see her again soon.


So happy Sunday everyone. Enjoy the day.

hugs, Deb



5 comments:

  1. oh I made those cookie and they are wonderful..I tweeked it to make it even more healthy and they are wonderful..had 3 tonight..the rest went to work with hubby on friday..and everyone loves them..love this simple easy and tasty recipe.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'm buying at the market this week--flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pretty flowers wouldn't last a minute in our house, Nahum would go crazy to chomp them up - thus we are in a no-flower zone! Theo would go crazy for the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squee! Ed! What is it about the little man? We melt in his presence! My goodness, Annie is a small, THIN, kitty. We just want to scoop her up and feed her. We know you feed her a very high quality food, but gracious! We love seeing photos of her.
    You and the lovely white kitty became really close! I think she could feel in your touch how much you liked her. Maybe that's why she liked when you groomed her.
    Flowers never last at our house. Shredded blooms and kitty vomit. What a mess!
    Kiss all the kitties for us. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful flowers hope i can find that king of flowers in the market for my new flower-vase.... and i take a photo with my pets...

    Dog Fence | Pet Solutions

    ReplyDelete