Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Just Wondering

What made you smile on this wintery day?

The sun shining while I take down Christmas decorations 

A gift of glass jars to fill on my dresser. (thanks, retired-guy)
Sleepy kitties
                                                            Annie & Audrey


my two favorite love-birds



& Mabel's pumpkin pie...actually it's all gone. *sigh!*
Mabel is my mother-in-law who gave me the recipe for the best pumpkin pie in the world.
If you want to bake this pie just pop over to my link that reads 'let's talk dishes'.

Did you have a fun New Year's Eve? I am not much for partying and bringing in the new year, lately. I barely ever stay awake to see it arrive. The week before this celebration is always the busiest for me and I am flat out exhausted by this time. I just want PJ's, popcorn and a bubbly drink. This year was no exception.

So carry on, have a great day. It's a new year......

hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours ... furbabies, too! My one New Year tradition is watching the Rose Bowl Parade! Starts in just a few minutes on HGTV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making me smile today... (one of our cats)Fleur draped around my neck as I made breakfast."The only fur a vegan would ever wear" said hubby.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great day yesterday with my daughter, sil and grandson. A southern traditional New Year's dinner with black eyed peas, collard greens and pork chops and Sara's awesome mac and cheese. Today I'm back home and will take down the Christmas trees while watching the Rose Parade. It's a great start to 2012~ hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New 2012 to you all in the house , 2- and 4-legged :)
    My mom and dad had a stayhome New Year this time wich I LOVED !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a beautiful sunrise over Lake Mead driving in to work, jamming to some ska music. Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. well your sleeping babies certainly put a smile on my face as does our babies.I have the same set of cat blocks too;) and that pie looks so good..will have to check it out..have a happy new year too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    I smile EVERY DAY so it is hard to pick just one thing that made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete