Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I want my momma

It's been a little stressful lately. Annie was spayed and Hugo went off to live once again with my daughter & Mike last night.  If you remember, Hugo came to live with us when Jess was sharing a home with someone who became allergic to cats. She was in the midst of re-locating when it was discovered that Hugo had diabetes.
It has been a learning experience for us and we had hoped that he would beat this but he is still on one insulin shot daily and needs to have his blood tested each evening. That is done on the ear. It's tricky but practice makes perfect.  Hugo is very patient and as long as he's having his meal he barely notices anything going on. Jess loves him and he loves her so that makes it good.  The fact that he is diabetic and now Jess and Mike have to deal with all the stress of managing his diabetes stresses me out a little. I know I will be ok once I am sure they are comfortable with all that goes with it. He will be living with little Ruby. Again, an adjustment there. Lots of change for him. He's such a sweet boy and we want him to be happy. I'll post about him again.

It has been very cold here the last 3 days. I am still putting food down for the ferals but limiting it to dry as everything freezes in minutes. I add a few other food items in the middle of the piles for the raccoons so they won't eat all the cat food. I know they are out there, the cheeky buggars and they have to eat, too.

How are we doing after Annie's spay?
I think this girls' face
says it all.

Audrey would like to *raspberry* the world right now.
She wants to bug her mom and her mom is resting in a quiet room.
I've been ***trying*** to keep her busy and not think of her warm and loving momma. (who ain't so warm and lovin' right now)

She helped me put stuff away today.
 and she listened so intently while I talked to her about patience.
She wants no part of it.
She's not listening.

Are you so full of sugar from Christmas that you just can't eat a sweet thing again? I am. It's back to eating well and nourishing this neglected body. You know that s.u.g.a.r is another spelling for 'poison', right?
So I've read.
Cats don't need sugar...they are sweet enough.
"You got that right."
We have 6 cat beds and this box wins hands down every time.

While waiting for the vet to call after Annie's spay, I
cooked up a healthy lunch, no meat.

Can't beat this on a cold, wintry day.
hugs, Deb 

9 comments:

  1. We hope Audrey doesn't pine too long for her mum, I am sure they'll be snuggling together soon. It's tough when you can't explain to them what's going on.

    Mr Hugo will be glad to be home with his family, we hope him and Ruby get on well.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots going on at your house. I know you will miss Hugo but your daughter will be glad to have him home I bet! Anyway, little Audrey has quite the face right now...sweet girl that she is. I agree cats are sweet enough...oh that sugar has gotten me good. Sigh...time for change!
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey's face reminds me of a tiger. The shape of it. It's more elongated than most of the cats I've seen. If I'm reincarnated, I want to come back as one of your cats. They get the best care in the world!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deb, my keyboard needs cleaning because my heart just melted all over it.
    Kisses for all
    Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love your sweet kittys and love the one in the box..that is just precious.;)glad all went well..love the 3 on your side board all snuggled together..now that one is most precious too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything goes well with Hugo's transition, he looks a lovely boy!!!! Well Audrey is going to be a VERY big girl...did you get a look at those paws?!?!? She is a beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me and mom think it´s going to be just fine with Hugo´s move and efurrything !
    Audrey is such a cute little cat , wish we have lived closer and that my dad wasn´t allergic to cats !
    Here we too have enough sugar for a whole year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We hope that Annie's surgery has gone well, that she is resting comfortably and that her recovery will be uneventful. We continue to pray for this dear girl. Our vet has always told us we must separate the surgical patient so the other cats don't lick the glue or accidentally catch a nail in the sutures. We know how hard that can be for both the patient and the other kitties!!! You're doing a great job keeping Audrey occupied. Give Annie soft pets from us.
    We also hope Hugo's transition goes well. He is such a love. Stress can wreak havoc with his blood sugar. Hope all goes well. Lots going on at your place.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Hugo! He reminds me of my Alex.

    ReplyDelete