Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

gift & a recipe

Here is little Riley modelling her new hat from Peru. This was a Christmas present from her Aunt Allie.  

I will soon be showing you what Allie brought back for her lucky mom. It absolutely took my breath away when I opened it. I haven't taken a proper photo of it yet but wait 'til you see. 

No matter how you try to make a cat comfy they sometimes just want to stretch out in the most uncomfortable of places; right next to a blanket.
 Our Lily


On my walk today, I stopped by a real estate window to look at recent sales of homes in our area. We have to put a price now on our home of 23 years. The next step is to pick up permits to begin the building of a home on our lot.
Am I anxious? Youbetcha. There is just so much to think about. 
I  hope you follow along on our adventure.

It's time to make cheesy scalloped potatoes for dinner.
That's comfort food around our house.

Here's what you need.
Enough raw potatoes sliced thin to fill your roaster or casserole dish
Put a bit of butter on bottom of dish
Then a layer of sliced potatoes
salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
Add another layer of potatoes
Add chopped onion, more cheese and a dab of butter
Repeat
Pour milk over this dish 3/4 of the way up the side
salt and pepper and sprinkle more cheese on the top
Easy-peasy!

Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender 


I use Yukon Gold potatoes.

Enjoy
Deb


hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Oh, little Riley is so precious. Now I'm in suspense! :) Love your kitty snaps and I haven't forgotten your bathroom snap, I just have gotten the post up yet!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your kitty is precious..they always find places to get comfortable don't they? and miss Riley..well she just looks scrumtious in that little hat..can't wait to see the surprise you got..and I never met a potato or a cheese I didn't like..and this looks sooo good and comforting;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought of opening a cat-lovers bed & breakfast? - with all the yummy food you make, I would be first in line for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hat is so adorable, almost as cute as Riley! Those potatoes sound so good...comfort food in deed! Yum! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that hat, love that little girls. And cheese and potatoes are my two favourite foods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb!
    Aww Lily looks like she's scrunched into her spot silly kitty. Oh goodness I didn't realize you were building...I thought you were buying. You've got a long road ahead of you but it will be wonderful to build your home the way you want it...I'm excited for you! Mmmm I love Potatoes Au Gratin....yummy! I hope your week is a good one.
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Riley is a beautiful little girl!!
    Your new adventure sounds so exciting...i'll follow along.

    ReplyDelete