Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Love eyes & a recipe

How do you communicate with your cat? Looking over at Lily standing on the kitchen stool today, I slowly blinked my eyes and smiled at her. She immediately noticed  and blinked her eyes repeatedly.  We were giving each other a hug with our eyes.  Now, I have a very special relationship with this cat and I think she is more in tune with me than the others but when she does this, it always floors me.
                                                                 Love-birds

Try this on your kitty ... Sit across from your cat about 2or 3 feet. Have eye contact and smile. Now blink your eyes once slowly and keep staring at the cat. Blink 3 times slowly. Sometimes it works immediately that the cat will blink back. If it doesn't it may still approach you for a pat as this is a very welcoming gesture. If it doesn't respond the first time, try again later. If you think I'm crazy...then don't bother. :-b


This freezing cold morning was spent in the city (Ottawa) gathering up documents and applications for a building permit to begin building a home on our lot this Summer. I hope you follow along as this exciting??? adventure unfolds for us. I think the 'retired guy' is going to have fun with this. Me, I just want it up and ready to be decorated. The construction part bores me silly but I know I'll get into it once it starts. I know for sure I will learn a thing or two about the process.  
If our marriage holds out ;-) and all goes well, we should be on the lot by Fall.  


I promised you a good cookie recipe yesterday so here it is.  Don't make these if you are dieting because these are two-fisted cookies. And you do need tea (or coffee) to go along with them. It is a match made in heaven.


+
honey
+
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies...mmmm


1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 pure applesauce
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup raisons
1 cup walnuts


Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter cookie sheets
Cream butter, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy
Add eggs, vanilla and applesauce.
Mix remaining ingr. together in a large bow and gradually add to creamed mixture and beat until blended.
Spoon teaspoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheets
Bake for 10-12 minutes
Cool on rack.    Just try and only eat one.

Enjoy!



hugs, Deb

4 comments:

  1. I so hope this lets me post a comment as I have been trying every day for ages and it would not let me. Love the beautiful cat and her gorgeeous eyes.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A home built for you in the country! We want to be in on everything, and we mean everything! This is so exciting!
    Of course you have a connection with Lily. She's white! I do think the white thing goes deeper than that thought. I'm not sure how, but I know it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um I just might make these today..they seem to be pretty healthy..when you say pure applesauce what do you mean by that? I use unsweetened cause its less sugar and more natural..is that what you mean..I am going to look at my babies and see it this works..I can talk to one of mine and make googlie eyes at her and talk baby talk and she loves it..she meows at me..she is my little maine coon.) have a great day and thanks for the recipe..and I never tire of seeing your little love birds or any of your babies for that matter.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that cats always aim for people who don't really like them because these people automatically frown and close their eyes when they see a cat, which to a cat is a sign of friendship. I've been successfully blinking at mine ever since! I had a very old cat who went deaf. He always mieowed at the call of his name, MAX. He still did when I mouthed it after he went deaf through old age. Lip reading!

    ReplyDelete