Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

4 Paw Rating

The only award my home has received so far and probably ever will.
"Take a bow,  CATS"


Today, it is cool but OH! SO SUNNY. I'll take it and keep my mouth shut. Kane and I did 2walks today. I'm so proud of myself. He's so happy with me.



I'm all done caring for Bud & Chase. Today while we played on the floor, they had a visitor come to the window and peer in. A little grey tabby that one of the neighbours puts food out for. It looked like an unaltered male (big jowls) about 2 years old. Another feral cat. It isn't far at all to the spot where I feed a group of ferals and I wondered if this guy might be one of them. Ever since there were large paw prints in the snow coming to their food I haven't seen as much action there. The snow is leaving quickly now and I won't be able to tell how many cats are actually eating there anymore. I presume some may be gone because of fear and sadly some may have not made it through the winter.
There are ferals all around the Lanark area where I live. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have heard of other colonies just outside of the city of Ottawa, too. They are all being fed by rescue groups and trapped if possible to be neutered. So, so many. If I had a wish......................

I'm picking up keys for the weekend cat-sitting.  If the weather holds out the family hopes to head to one of our local sugar bushes for a breakfast and hike, too. That means Riley gets to have her first pancake and I can't wait to see her.
She sure is growing and sprouting teeth and trying to walk. See the two little toofies...

She's the apple of my eye. I love being her Nana.

It was sad to hear of Elizabeth Taylor's death today. She was certainly one of the 'great ones'. They were questioning on the news this morning whether there are any great actresses today that could hold a candle to the performances given by someone like her. I think there are many great actresses today and just as many lousy ones. "Farewell Liz. I enjoyed your movies."

hugs, Deb

10 comments:

  1. She is a most darling "apple of your eye"...have lots of fun today :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Riley sure is a sweety pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweet little girl has her Nana's smile.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really lovely blog! You seem to be a very friendly looking lady humanoid!

    ....I'm still a little weary of those little humanoids....they may be cute but they can squeeze real hard!

    Will come back and read some more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean... my husband used to try to feed and capture the feral cats downtown and then take them to the shelter. If only people would spay and neuter their pets... I wish every cat had a loving home and a cozy chair to nap in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Riley looks SOOOO cute in that pretty hat and coat...and her toofies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kane is adorable and so is Riley! And I love that first pic. I need one of those.

    I think it's going to warm up next week. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete