Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Onwards and upwards to bigger things.

The days are flying by too quickly.

Family get-togethers, grandittle-sitting, grand-dog sitting, wood-lot adventures, garden tending, grass cutting and a bit of cat-sitting fill them all up.   But that's summer for most of us, isn't it?

On top of all the day to day activities, we are finally (Oh goodness, I hope none of you readers of this little blog have been holding your breath), building our  normal-sized home. No more living in the mouse-house come winter. This will be a late summer and fall project for us. I hope it all goes smooth for us as we have waited longer than planned to have our ducks all in order. Much longer. The digger arrives on Tuesday and then the show begins. I'm obviously excited at the prospect of living in and decorating a normal-sized home and I am also excited for 'the ladies' here to have more room to run, play and explore.
I have promised them an out-door enclosure, too, for living through all the noise that's ahead.

In the meantime, the gardens are growing and youngest daughter went off with her first bag of kale for her smoothies this morning. The beets are ready to harvest. The tomatoes are green, the beans are stunted from all the rain but are starting to come alive and the peppers, cucumber, zucchini, carrots and cantaloupe are coming along. Unfortunately, we are to get four days of rain again. :-(


Our little house wren is frantically caring and feeding her babes. She is very shy and leaves as soon as I come out with the camera so I have yet to get good photos but it is lovely to hear her song. 


This little one showed up this morning.
                                          Eastern Phoebe

Simon is doing well and spends much of his time chasing after another chippy and guarding his den. He has been enjoying the extra peanuts left at his door by the grands. He's a happy camper.

I'm baking and cooking today as I expect next week I will be spending more time with cats whose nerves may be *shattered* with the noise and confusion. They'll be in the bedroom with the radio on and windows closed tight.
I best stock up on freeze-dried chicken strips.

           "You'd better get a big bag, lady." 
 (and maybe some wine for the humans)
Our little house will be attached to the mouse-house by a breeze-way.

I hope everyone has a fun weekend.
Here's to sunny days ahead. :)

hugs, Deb


21 comments:

  1. How exciting, Deb, I cannot wait to see the progress on your new home!!! And yes....don't forget the wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something tells me that Audrey and Annie are going to get a wonderfully designed catio, as it follows on everything else that we've seen you design and build. Cannot wait! :claps hands:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I am so excited for you! You have a lot going on right now and lots to think about. Your garden is so pretty. That must be beets in the first picture. I've never grown beets. I love that birdhouse surrounded by all the wild flowers. What a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cats aren't going to be happy! I wonder what Simon's going to be thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your house will be built in record time! Yay!
    I do love the mouse house, though. I'm glad you'll be connected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you Deb! Things do go a bit more smoothly when you have your ducks in a row first.

    I love all the pictures of your property you have shown in this post! I can just imagine sitting in that cozy area by the pump or visiting the stone wall and saying a prayer for your sweet pets. Your flowers and garden look great and I love seeing the flag!

    Congratulations on plans coming together! I look forward to following the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! A very exciting time for all of you. The next several months should be interesting for the kitties too. Hopefully they'll get used to the strange sounds quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is exciting news =)
    I Love that photo of Annie...not looking amused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That surely will mean window-rattling noise with the main house attaching to the mouse house.
    Designing and building a new home is exciting--also exhausting. I'm glad you have a working kitchen, bathroom and bedroom to see you through this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Deb, great news that you are finally getting to start on your "big" house! I've actually been wondering whether you weren't having some permit issues like we do here in the States. Sure happy for you and it will be fun to see the progress. Love the photos of your yard and garden--so pretty, and easy to see that you spend a lot of time tending them! And, yeah, have the wine ready for those days when things don't go as fast as you'd like...and those days will come. Nebraska ><>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, fun! I loved watching the mouse house go up! The big one will be fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for you! And for us -- as we get to see from the sidelines and watch you decorate! Your garden sounds wonderful. I'll take some of your rain ... at least with the clouds the temp would be a little lower!!! Ha!
    Purrs and hugs ....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to follow along!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is very exciting you are going to build your house now. You have waited so long and I am just very pleased for you!
    God Bless you,
    Lily and Tea Cakes Tommy Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you are getting your full-sized house in the nearer future! That's a huge, big deal and boy -- how you will love it. Maybe not the construction but the end zone! And I'm glad the Mouse House will be attached. Perhaps your studio or who knows what! Poor girls, though. Yes, they'll love their enclosure and chicken strips. But they'll definitely be hunkering down awhile. (So will you!) Good news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have so much energy; too bad you can't bag it and sell on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy you are finally starting the big house! It will be wonderful I'm sure but the process is always hard. Yes, lots of treats!! Your garden is wonderful but we have also had more then our share of rain this year. Ready for some sunshine around here. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh All so exciting for you Deb with the bigger house getting on its way soon , WOW your veggie gardens are doing wonderfully and your flowers gardens look lovely to . I just love our little Wrens such pretty little birds and song and fun to watch to . Seems like our Chipmunks have disappeared for a bit maybe looking after little ones now . Lovely photos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good day .

    ReplyDelete
  19. awww i'm going to miss the mouse house! i hope you keep it occupied or still use it, it would be a shame to have it empty, i think it's a beautiful little dwelling
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. very very happy for you and your exciting news! Cant wait to see it progressing!My goodness, your yard is beautiful, it really is! The gardens look like they are doing great! It all looks so green and peaceful and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How thrilling to hear your builders will soon begin the big house, although I have to admit, I am truly smitten with your little mouse-house, and could very happily live my years out in that sweet space.
    Audrey, you're such a clown :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete