Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Step one...done.

 It's been a long week but we are at the finish line... for now.
 Tomorrow they wrap the water-proof membrane around the foundation.
Then the dirt is pushed back in around it.
There will be some left over, of course, and we will use that for landscaping at the back.
I have plans. :)


 Monday the inspection is done on the job and then we are done with the foundation.
*Phew*
It's been noisy
and 
I think 'the ladies',
mama wren
and Simon 
have had enough.
I know I have.
The sound of hammers pounding should be a breeze after yesterday.
Hope you stick around for the fun part. :)

We have a new/old toy here.
It's a Franklin stove possibly one hundred years old
and it's going to help us clean up around the mouse house of broken branches and twigs.
And I love the smell of a wood-fire.
Those are sumac trees behind.

The wild flower at the moment is Queen Anne Lace.  We have it all along the property and it is so delicate and pretty.It's also known as Wild Carrot.
























                  (if you don't spay your cat you will end up with hair like this lady)



Enjoy your evening.
hugs, Deb

16 comments:

  1. The foundation looks great!

    Love the little crazy lady at the end. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those tall walls! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at the progress!
    I hope Audrey isn't too rattled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon must be keeping an eye from a distance and wondering what all the fuss is about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Deb, such progress!! I'm sure it feels like forever to you, but since I've been missing around blogland it was pretty much instant on this end! ha ha! Love the new stove, that's awesome - I can see some s'mores in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Lots going on in your neck of the woods.
    Nice to see construction well underway and that the cats are tolerating it fairly well.(maybe not Audrey so much ;)
    Nancy and the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are rolling along along nicely. Seems like you've got a very good team. We don't know if you've told us before but how close to your Gran's old house site will your new house be?
    Praying the weather holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved when we were building our home and I could watch it. How exciting for you. Can't wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting, looking really great and things are moving along Deb. I'm happy for you.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, great progress!
    And I love this wooden sculpture! It's cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how fast things are going. You must be so excited! and there you are with an old Franklin stove...my dream. :) Won't it be fun to have a fire going in it on the cold days ahead. I sure need a small one for my playhouse. My play house has been put on hold for a while. It's no fun to be up there in the hot humid weather. Audrey is so cute rolled up in that, was it a blanket? Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Foundation looks very nice! It’s very useful information. Thank you very much.SEO Company in Indore provides complete digital marketing service.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's exciting to see so much happening with the house =)
    Ear scritches to Audrey and Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deb, it all looks like it's coming along just fine. I've been off from blog visiting and catching up a little. Love the Franklin stove. What do your cats think of all the activity around? Mine normally hide indoors until all is calm again. Have a great day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's good to see progress being made, eh? And yes, a break from the heavy noise will no doubt be welcome.

    Wood-fires are for me THE smell of autumn - but good any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete