Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Knittin' kitten

A delicious lunch out with my daughter and grand-daughter is always a great way to spend a few hours. We've been having strange weather lately; cloudy, rainy, sunny and then a downpour comes out of nowhere. It's hard to know how to dress these days. Sweaters are a must.
                                      Gwynn & Jess

It's time to start thinking about mitts and hats and scarves again. I knew that Caesar loved to knit so I brought some along with me this morning and we spent a bit of time starting a scarf for my brown coat. He's really a big help.
He likes to chew on felt and wool so I knit him a little piece that he could play with. (under supervision, of course)  But, it wasn't long before he was bored silly and collapsed on my lap and stayed put until it was time for a treat.


 I left my knitting at his house since I'll be there again soon and promised him I would hang around long enough to add a few inches to the scarf.  I left it up high on a shelf to be sure he didn't eat it or decide to knit himself a mouse or two in the meantime. He's smart like that.
hugs, Deb

12 comments:

  1. Such smiles from Gwynn and Jess, and such a handsome Caesar.

    The last couple of days have been like that- how much should I wear today, and should I take the umbrella...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a pretty daughter and granddaughter. That sure makes a day special. Just have to tell you, I held the kitten today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwynn and Caesar in one post...you are spoiling us!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures! And our Tux loves to hit the knitting needle or chew on it if he gets the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knittin' and crochetin'....
    What a couple of cool chicks!
    Love Ceasar♥️
    Gwynn and her big smile are so sweet...your daughter looks like you!
    Enjoy your evening....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos ! Glad you had a nice lunch with the girls . Yes the weather has been topsy turby here to . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willow is our chewing problem, she loves cellophane and I have a special bin in my workroom to put it so that she doesn't choke on it. I love ginger and whites, Caesar is quite beautiful.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot of Gwyn and Jess. Caesar is not only handsome, but smart, too! He knows a good lap when he finds it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cuddlepuss, that Caesar is! I stopped knitting ten years ago, when Angel and Chuck came to live with us; she would attack my needles while he went for the yarn! Guess I could break it out again; they are middle-aged kitties now, and may find such activities boring...like Caesar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe that is the prettiest little girl I've ever seen. She is truly a beauty.
    Oh, and so is Caesar :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gwynn is turing from a beautiful baby into a sweet little girl. It seems like just yesterday that she was born & now she is a charming lunch companion.
    Caesar is quite a lapful. He dwarfs your petite frame. He is a very handsome floofy mancat that's for sure. I love a cat that is not shy about making themselves at home with you. A lovebug for sure.

    ReplyDelete