Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Banana Cake & Cat-tip-for-the-day=^..^=Grass & Fur?




Please excuse the look of this cook-book. It is well used in this house over the years because it is one of the best. This book was given to me when I married by a relative on Gary's side (can't remember who now). I could cook but I was no mennonite. Gary, on the other hand, was but he couldn't cook worth beans. I started playing with the recipes and ended up really finding this cook-book to be one of my favorite. I use it often. I just baked this cake tonight so I thought I would share the recipe. Sorry, didn't realize I was shadowing the pages so I hope you can read it if you are interested in trying this.




Dissolve baking soda in boiling water & add milk. (that's different, right)
I decided to use two cake pans so I could layer it.

The icing is just a Duncan Hines Vanilla Icing and I added 2 tbsp. of maple syrup for flavour.

Turned out yummy! This is a GOOD BOOK.




Cat-tip-for-the-day: Tummy Trouble

Cats will often eat grass. Then they might just vomit it up afterwards. They may eat grass because of stomach discomfort caused by accumulated fur. Adding a bit of Femalt (hair-ball gel) to their food may help this problem. Vomiting in cats should not be ignored. Normally, if your cat's digestion processes are working well and if he or she is on a balanced, healthy diet, very few fur balls should be vomited.The fur should naturally pass through the body. If your cat vomits it may be due to a dietary intolerance, or a more serious disease. Have your cat checked by your veterinarian.

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks gorgeous...YUM! My cat was vomiting all the time after visits to the vet it was decided that she should be put down, it broke my heart but it was so sad for her. I did a post on her a few months ago, the day before she left us, I kept finding her hiding behind the sheers, she had never done that before...so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banana cake does look yummy! Poor Belle..I am so hoping she will find a forever home. I wish I could take her, she calls my name! Of course I'm not sure she could get a passport to come to the US....

    ReplyDelete