Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

St. Francis & not so saintly Audrey

Happy 1st day of Summer. It feels like we have had summer for a month already. Today it was too hot to even go for my regular walks. Poor me, poor Kane. 
But look what the sun has done for my tomato plants. Won't be long before I devour them.


(all that and a bag of cat treats...that's Audrey)
There is no end to her 'badness' but she is keeping all the moths at bay and any insect that finds it's way into the house. Unfortunately, she will take down a lamp, a plant, a screen and practically impale herself on many objects just to get to it. She doesn't seem to understand that if she flies into a door... it will hurt. I'm beginning to feel she is a bit of a dolt.

(Fascinated with ice cubes)

She has charmed her way with the oldsters. Sierra was always especially interesting to Audrey and with feline perseverence she has managed to win her over.
Notice she is in a little box inside of a bigger box. Oh, I tell ya, it is nutty around here.


We all love this little maniac.

This is one of my requested birthday gifts. It must be the Catholic in me.


This will be taken out to our property soon to live amongst my never-forgotten and loved kitties. If you have followed this blog,  you know we have property and look forward to building soon. We have owned this land for many years and most of our deceased pets have been laid to rest there. I always wanted them to remain close to me and I'm sure that doesn't surprise any of you.
Our property is a little piece of country off a country road.



Kanie loves it here.

I  came across this article on line and thought "Really...you sure don't look that age." What do you think? Ed looks older at 24 years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344271/Can-Lucy-39-really-oldest-cat-world.html Amazing...if it's true. I laughed when it was the old aunt that 'remembers' this cat as a kitten. Not sure how reliable that would be.

I'll leave you with this...
Copy Cat Kid

hugs, Deb

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean..I have I don't know how many old pets buried in our garden !! Have a nice midsummer weekend...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my cats' ashes in little pots in the bedroom, the idea being, when I die my ashes will be mixed with my cats...together forever.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your blog always makes my day! I simply adore reading your posts and just linger over the pictures of these lovely kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pictures of the cats! But it was the photo of the tomato plant that reminded me I need to get to work in the garden right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT POST TODAY DEB........OUR CATS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND FUNNY TOO.....JUST LOVE THEM ALL......I JUST THINK IT IS SO CUTE HN THY FALL ASLEEP IN BOXES AND PAPER BAGS.....HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I LOVE YOUR LAST PICTURE....THAT'S A WINNER......RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of the cat and toddler.
    Is that Saint Francis ?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete