Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

The special ones

This is one of my favorite Christmas decorations.

It is a nativity scene

It requires the heat from candles to make the wise men twirl around the baby Jesus so we have it out of reach of kitty paws.

Plus we supervise when lit.

One of my favorite Santas has been placed in the cabinet. I love his face and all his glitter.

He looks like a kind, gentle 'ol Santa.

Speaking of faces that I love..
Someone has been in the office rootin' through the ribbon basket.
Her cave is becoming her treasure box.
She has a ping-pong ball tucked away at the back.

Cat-tip-for-the-day
Something we do to lower the stress on Christmas day for our cats is provide a 'safe haven' for them when company arrives. We use the spare bedroom and provide them with water, litter box, food and blankets. Mr. Ed and Lily are always the first to occupy this room as they are both very old and unable to deal with the noise and quick movements of children. I always check on them throughout the day and keep a radio on for them (on low). If that doesn't seem to keep them calm, adding a little rescue remedy to their water will help.

hugs, Deb

14 comments:

  1. That nativity set looks very unique and cool, I can see why you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, what is rescue remedy? Isn't that for humans? Or is this a special cat version.

    She looks so cute in her cave.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy it for pets also. Your local pet store most likely carries it.

      Delete
  3. Love your shelf additions and that Nativity is awesome! I remember seeing those before at someone's house. Love the safe place for the kitties. Audrey, you make me smile.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nativity set and Santa . Kitty looks so cute peeking out of the blanket . Lovely photos. Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice nativity set! I love how you keep the cats away. Good tip on reducing their stress when visitors come. Fitz usually hides under the bed at first when someone new is around, but he eventually comes out and warms up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations look lovely Deb! Your cats are lucky to have you!!! You are so considerate.

    Happy day!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 12 Pet Hazards of Christmas is an excellent series of articles which deal with, just as it says, various holiday threats to pets. Linear foreign body obstructions caused by ribbons is one of them. This can be life threatening requiring major abdominal surgery. Just like tinsel I guess. Check out the article. Very informative...and worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hеllо thiѕ is kind of οf off toρic but
    ӏ was wondeгing if blogs use WYSIWYG eԁitors ог if you haνe to manually сode with
    НTΜL. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    Here is my webpage pikavippis.net
    Also see my page -

    ReplyDelete
  9. I belіeve thіs is one οf thе sο much vital
    info fоr me. Αnԁ і am happy reaԁing уоur aгticle.
    Hoωeveг wаnt to remаrκ on somе basic thingѕ, The web site taste iѕ
    gгеat, the аrticlеs is rеаlly
    great : D. Еxcellent actіνitу, сhеers

    Feel fгеe to suгf tо my blog www.alicanteneurocirugia.com
    My web blog samsung galaxy note 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the prettiest decorations and such a lovely home

    Love that kitty too!

    ReplyDelete